Thursday, May 13, 2021

Unbelievable.

.
.
No shower, or other efforts, after that last post.  I started, at first I thought, getting very tired.  It was suspicious, though.  Something... different.  Ah.  Blood sugar was crashing, on top of becoming tired.  A very good thing I caught it... which is part of why I was awake until 23:00... trying to sort that out.

I ended up eating three rolls of carb tabs!  Which, of course, I knew would blow both keto and the blood draw this morning.  But I had no choice.  I didn't just glom them down.  I at three or four at a time, every ten minutes to quarter hour or so.  It... was terrifying.  That is  looking into the mouth of death.  Like being swallowed whole, into a vortex.  Just staying awake to take more tabs, to keep out of the maw of that was a true test.

Oh, and I just tested.  Must have needed it.  Blood sugar is the lowest fasting I have had since last time I was stably on insulin (if cutting by then).  Blood sugar is 122 fasting!  Yes, I can... imagine what would have happened if I hadn't eaten thirty glucose tabs.  Wow.  Still, carb tabs aren't a good control mechanism.  But I DID eat, even some heavy carbs... though not much.  But I CAN'T eat...  I just... wasn't hungry.  Bleh.

I went down, as written, actually exactly at 23:22... after spending fifteen minutes upstairs eating the last roll of tabs, give or take.  I set the alarms, now later because... I am slowly losing my day, to 07:00 and 09:00.  But, for whatever reason, I woke at just at 05:00, small change before, actually.

I... checked everything.  Tired?  No, rested.  In pain?  Other than a slight ache in the left shoulder again, no.  Well, and ribs, and a few other places, if those are mostly just under the radar, I have to sense, then focus.  So, really, no.  So... what could be wrong?  Or right?  I didn't know, but... felt like it was time to get up.

A few minor tasks, and bathroom duties, and I was on here in twenty minutes.  Even cleaned cat litter before else.  The nice thing about being up early is, by the time I wake, the sun is just coming up.  I have the whole day to... do stuff.  I might not get much done, but the potential is very good.  I... hope to do some more work today, out there.  Maybe in here.  As much as possible.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here