.
High, heavy, wind. I... heard strange things from out there, suspected it was wind. Opened up and almost lost the door. Closed it up. I had just been out back, checking the temperature. It was just 77, pretty much what is has been for the last few hours. But... it had started to sprinkle. And... there was a few gusts, suspiciously high.
I set up...
---------
Power went down. For... from shortly after 21:30 to 02:15 or so. I know, now, how to call it in, so did. More to see how long it would be down. They thought until 01:00, so I went on to bed. Well, first I had to find my phone, and find my way to lighting. It was completely dark in here.
One box bumped, on my way. Really, not bad. I had thought I would have to go up stairs, near my bed. I forgot about the battery operated night lights, on the stairs. Not only do those work without external electric, they are portable. I have another pack of those. I really would like to get those set up down here, around the house.
Electrical outages are rare, and usually not this long. The trick, tonight, might have been finding crew. Beside being summer, it was so late. People, often, turn their phones off for the night. I'm not upset about a bit longer. I just hope they were able to work safely. We ask a lot of some folk, giving them very little credit for the miracles they perform. While not Christs, sometimes the notion is there. Doing tight-roping, and playing with high voltage late at night, in the dark, and rain? With generally little thanks. Well, I am grateful. *tips hat graciously* Some blue-collar are the soldiers and sailors of the civilian world. They get paid, well, for it. Still, they take great risks and do much to keep the world sane.
It was 74 everywhere, save right here by the computer, when electricity came back on. It was 75 here. :) It just refused to by normalized, here. It is 61 out there, or was ten minutes ago. With the fans going, and everything open, upstairs and down, it should cool off soon.
Oh, as to the outside? As soon as I checked the temp, and felt the gusts, and almost lost the door to being blown clean and hard into the wall, a gust of hard wind, and rain... or big sprinkles... washed through. Ten feet from the open door and I was getting wet. Sideways rain.
A few bolts of lightning, and thunder from that and from else, along with very heavy constant wind, then... *poof* it all went dark. I would bet branches broke lines, though maybe a transformer blew, or as well? And it wouldn't surprise me if several lines broke, not just one. That was some wicked wind.
It came from the south, and went for... ten to thirty minutes? Then evacuated to the east? It sure seemed like it. I have never seen a storm do a curveball like that. Not to my memory. If you are a storm collector, while tiny, in length, time, it was incredible for it's intensity, speed, and change of direction. I'll... save that one, as I may.
I had just heated some of the pork roast. I had to eat it in the dark. But... that was fine. Two slices. Had hoped to have fresh veggies with it. Might do that yet tonight. I got Sassy to visit, gave her pets and massages, when she wasn't grooming herself. She liked the light. I kept one by the bed. But they time out after, say, thirty seconds. For whatever reason, even when it was sort of bright from the outside (strangely, for the moon couldn't have been out, and the streetlights were out as well), she figured out how to turn the light on. I don't understand cats, or girls, or girl cats, all of the time. But I don't need to do so? Nope.
Well... on to waking up, or... something. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here