.
Out of roast beef. Found boneless rib meat for less off the bone than on, and less than chuck. I got two packages, one in the freezer, one in the oven. Along with chicken. I saw a small package of chicken. I got a few larger ones, but wanted just a few. So, picked up the small one, a four pack. It, too, is in the oven. Salted, peppered, both meats, and with an onion sliced into fifths, and topping the meats as they bake. As well, butternut squash! I'm excited about that. I miss not having those types of things, so, from time to time, I do.
I have spaghetti squash, as well, for next week. I can't wait to try it with a homemade spaghetti sauce. I would love to try it meatless, I... I just can't. Italians do things their way, and that is fine... there. Here? We do meat in our marinara. It's just how we do. If they insist on tradition, fine. No beef. But, since tomatoes are American, as well as hot peppers? They have to surrender those. Check, mate.
No hate to my Italian friends and enemies. Just... well... they are argumentative, I am too. Gratsy, and shit. Or a bigga pizza pie, right in your eye. That's amore. Right? *grins*
While doing that, I got kefir reset. Not sure if I am pushing it, or if it got a bit overdone again. I can only do my best. There was overfill, so I am having a cup. Oh, I miss that stuff when I fall behind. Shouldn't, anymore, with three gallons of milk a week. If my math is right, this should allow just under two quarts a day. If... I don't think it quite works out that way, somehow. The more grain I have to toss, the more I lose. But I do need to make some, if I want to get it matured in time, in a day. It's... a bit of a trick.
I can't eat that much kefir cheese, either. Just... can't. Hmm... I wonder if I saved it, if some people I know might take it for their chickens. It would sure be better than wasting it. And, I could just keep it in the fridge for the week. It wouldn't go bad. This stuff EATS bad... bad things in people, critters, and places. It's sort of a miracle substance. Almost terrifying. If it ever became hungry for people, and those of us like you, we'd be in for a heck of a problem.
I am excited for the squash. I'll have to put three fourths of it up. May mash some of it, tomorrow. A bit o' cream, a few chunks o' butter, a bit of salt, pepper, perhaps coriander? Uhm... I love the way I think. Oh, and I got it right this time. Keep meaning to buy unsalted butter. This time I got it. And, it was on a steal, so I got plenty. Hoping to make ghee, to be honest. Would like to put up six pints of that. See if it is actually shelf stable. Curious.
Well, time to flip things, and check them. Good evening, night, morning, or day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here