Saturday, February 4, 2023

Had hoped it would warm a bit more.

.
.
I mean, yes, sure.  It's 24.  Or when I checked last an hour or so ago.  But two degrees up isn't exactly making me smile.  Still, beats what it has bee for a week, or so.

Those gizzards and mushrooms were fantastic.  I grabbed the pan I was baking them in, at 415.  Yea... with a bare hand.  Yea... that was fun.  Nothing brings you alive like that sort of pain.  Still?  Just a minute later, pretty much did it with the other hand.  But, this time, I realized what I was doing before it was half way up for a check... or taking it out... or whatever.  Just a... quick grab, then a no-thank-you release before it began charring.

If I can eat again, I'll either have roast or... something.  I may have left too much meat out.  We'll see how much I can get through.  I'd also like to fry the burger, get it stowed for the week.

Still gaming.  Really tired.  Probably won't do much work.  Just making awake to 15:30 might be a trick.  Not in bad shape, other than tired.  Two days out of the house, in row, and both to town.  In the cold.  It just got to me.  I keep thinking it is already Sunday.  Thankfully not.  I've checked my phone three times today.  I know it's not Sunday, but I can't seem to shake the certainty that it is.  Tomorrow?  :p

The one thing I might do, and finish washing, then rinsing, two quart jars and lids to set up the new kefir.  I don't want that to stall too long.  Just dumping the kefir it makes, as storebought milk isn't fit to drink.  The homogination process and pasteurization make it no longer real milk.  And real, whole, raw milk, by itself, isn't good for you.  So... I can only guess the kefir isn't good.  I have eaten it before, but that is when I didn't have an option.  Would rather have tainted raw milk kefir than storebought milk kefir.

Not fully carnivore yet, but working toward it.  Trying to get a ranch dressing put together, homemade save for the spices.  The first trick it to make homemade mayo.  Not sure if the creme fraiche is ready, but it should be.  And I do have another bit of cream to add.  Should do well.  The other trick is having the spices I need and want.  I think I got what was recommended.  Oh, but mustard?  I... might have some.  It isn't dejon, but I don't prefer dejon, they add honey usually.  Honey is... just sugar.  It isn't magic non-carb sugar, it isn't better sugar, it... does have some properties that are good.  But... it's just sugar with good properties.  Don't kid yourself.  Get a glucometer, a bottle of the finest honey you can find, eat one, then measure with the other.  Sugar.

Haven't heard from my cousin.  So I tried to call my mother.  Nope.  She isn't picking up.  Probably out and about, saying goodbyes, and else.  As things stand, the people who are going to different places... she will never see them again, like them or not.  Or napping.  It would be a good Iowa day for a nap.  I do worry about her.  But... it's... as much as I can do.

I'm hungry for something quenching!  May see about a drought of kefir.  If I'm not sure that will quite hit it.  Maybe some vinegar and electrolyte powder, in water.  Hmm, may have pickles, so pickle juice, somewhere.  That might do.  Good afternoon and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here