.
It's almost six thirty... two minutes to... oh, by... the time stamp does suggest that. States it, really, plainly, correctly. It is 47 out there. Not a major thing, this part of August. Especially with it being a cooler summer. It is 69 in the main, 70 up front here. I had the front door open a bit through the night. Strangely, I am comfortable enough.
I have certainly tolerated the heat this summer. Can I adapt to the cold? I have more things to wear, when it is cold though. Various levels of thermals, both synthetic and natural fibers. Though, if indoors, and dry, cotton is your friend. Especially if you can change it daily, or so.
There is always a bit of adjustment, to new temps. It's... like IQ? And intense education? Those things are more about seeing how much you can learn in a hurry, how well you can keep up. They, often, aren't really teaching you... anything useful. Or... not enough to actually do those jobs. You learn your job on the job, not in the class. Engineering to medical, to... a few others.
How does that work together? Well, for me, my tolerances are a matter of how fast I can adapt. If it's too slow, I am always exhausted, behind, slightly to greatly miserable. On carnivore, and fasting, I seem to adjust much more quickly. Slightly less quickly while fasting, but even that is better than when on keto, and that was a lot better than living on SAD (standard American diet).
It is about bedtime. I am trying to push through, to make it later into the morning. But, like switching back, I just don't seem to be able to do either. Stuck, but it'll work out. Like being stuck, with a vehicle, in mud. Rock it back and forth, don't spin the tires too much, just... work it. If all else fails, ask a farmer for help. They may not like it, but usually they will. Friendly for as gruff as they can be. :)
I'll play a bit more, as I go up and lay down.
Blood sugar was 86 in the later afternoon. I had another fatted coffee, the first double in a few days. Wondered if that would jack blood sugar. It did! One point, to 87. :p My weekly average is down to 100.
The steak were thawed, this morning. I could eat, but no. I'll... do that when I wake. Has it been eight days, without solid food? I think so. As of last eve, I would guess. So I will make it to nine days, maybe ten? Though, really, if I can pull things together, I would like to eat this afternoon. I don't need it, I want it.
I'll weigh in first, and check true fasting blood sugar. Then grill it and eat some portion of it. Not a large meal, on my return. Excited to sink my teeth into some meat. What a strange world. Me? Fasting for well over a week? I wouldn't have thought it even possible, and so easily too.
On up stairs, then to sleep for a while. After gaming for an hour or so. Bleh, got the bug, bad, with this game. Goodnight, good morning, and good day.
I've been trying to find a profoundly elegant way of saying...
ReplyDeleteNope, can't do it. Not only can I not follow the path you are exploring, I don't even know if I can parallel it. (I know, not offered or asked for). I do know that the times I've fasted, I feel sick, and it has had an affect on certain aspects of my life. Some good some bad. Knowing me I'll step back on that path. I don't mind losing... can't stand failure. I need to recognize and accept the difference.
I'll continue to share notes of info, as they compile.
Seriously, best of luck, what you are doing is hard. I'm rooting for you.
If you continue on the path of pseudo keto, then find your way to carnivore? Fasting will be a breeze. Start low, and slow. Perhaps even do catholic fasting, or mormon fasting. The latter allows a small meal, or two. The former is from sunup to sundown? As I have it, as I remember, though I may be incorrect.
ReplyDeleteFasting is... very good for health, and I have it on the authority of an exorcist, that is... is a very potent ward against evil ones, demons. Now, if my story is true, they... aren't as much of a problem for me as your type. Can't really feast on their own, or children, or such. Devils and demons don't get along all that well, but the most that can be done is fighting and such. They... don't generally win, if devils aren't as interested in fighting... don't need to perpetuate evil to... exist? Evil incarnate. Save... those who have... found another way? So... my story goes.
Anywhile. Find your way, in your time. Fasting is also an excellent prayer time. Seriously. I see why my Lord took forty days in the desert. Cleared His mind, and body. Sacrificed, first, to His Father and the Holy Ghost... self, other self(selves). Amen.
Remember, when I was in your weight class? I didn't believe Christ could do what He did. And I certainly didn't think I could do what I did. Take your time, but... hurry the f up! :p