.
Not... that kind. Must admit, beer has been on my mind. But, after Bud cut it's own throat, I decided big business, and bad business, should just be avoided. No alcohol, no tobacco, no cars, no women. There is mother, but I was pretty sure how that was going to end. If, too, I realized it would be possible to get her ready to be in her own apartment. If... that was possible.
Yes. I really did have this sort of planned. I suspected long term wouldn't work, but too, I knew she wasn't ready to live solo. She is now, or as well as she can be. I did what I could do for her. Before you judge, understand, I didn't want company. I am busy dying. Fiddling with someone in my dying place is... uncomfortable. I gave what I could, for as long as I was able.
Cold as in night. It is supposed to get to the low forties. The coldest in some long time and by a good ten degrees, for the nearest low, but more like fifteen to twenty from what was becoming standard. Fall is beginning, about on time however. Though the high today, as well, was rather low, in the low seventies. Should be in the higher seventies to low eighties... for a while going forward. Maybe.
Smoked chicken, boneless pork ribs, and pork belly today. I made rice, then soaked beans after that, two days ago. Mom finished cooking the beans. I have just been enjoying. Haven't checked blood sugar lately. Need to see. Although, no matter what else, if you are going that way, for a bit? Add in extra fat. At least if blood sugars are, or can be, an issue.
Bacon or side pork in the beans, butter in the rice, or cream for a pudding (not milk). Fats, varied sorts even, and plenty of it, good meat fats, to blunt the blood sugar spike. Those, themselves, are part of the addiction. Cheese, butter, and pork rib meat and fat were my adds tonight.
Not losing or gaining weight. Staying right between two hundred eighteen pounds and two twenty two. It's as good as I seem able to do. Though, when Mom moves out, I am going to try to trim another ten to twenty pounds. Bleh. I'm not unhappy with our foods. However, I think I eat more with her here. Though, even when I ate less, solo? I weighed the same. Will see if I can maneuver that down, with a few new understandings.
Kidneys hurt, lately. A fall thing? Health hitting a snag? A deterioration? Improvement? Odd how getting better can sometimes hurt as much as getting worse. Trust me, I've done plenty of both. To levels that kill some folk. Even fast improvements can be strangely potentially lethal. Stupid anatomical phenomenon.
Well... on to a bit more gaming. I am enjoying the game, mostly. Just understand Remnant 2 isn't a kit game. You don't get good. The game doesn't ever offer a point where your skills and items lead you to be in charge. And the randomness is so severe, that even on easy mode, you can still get to points were continuation isn't possible. You simply have to reroll the portion, or whole game, and try again.
On computers, you might be able to hack the game. Not so much on consoles. It is what it is.
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here