.
Sleep was heavy today. I had hoped for more. I had hoped to check on the appointments earlier in the day. That wasn't done until nearly 15:00. Only one appointment checked, if I found out later that I couldn't have checked the orher. The business isn't open on Mondays.
Sleep, mostly. Waking, reading, vids, from time to time. The idea of getting up was there, the ability to do so was not. As I have said, once I familiarized myself with the fundamental limits of my illnesses, I have... become comfortable in them. I can, sometimes, push beyond the limits. For short, sometimes long, stretches.
Staying up overnight, to make an appointment. Especially if medicine is needed. Staying up days, running a longer game, such as with the Burning Man trip. Though this last year, with mother here, I have run quite hot for most of the year. At some point I hit a brick wall. Like a bird hitting a wall or window. If I am not cautious, it may eventually be the last time.
Though, it seems God made me rather hardy. Even if I foul and fall, even for extended periods, I end climbing back to my feet. I guess until I can't.
Mother had fried some sort of fresh hash. Potatoes, fresh veggies, some meats of sorts. I had chopped onions yesterday, she had diced and jarred garlic. I decided to use some of all those, plus four eggs and cheese, into a scramble. Add in my carolina reapers, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, and I had a bit more of a monster meal than quite intended. Full to the gills. With a fatted coffee on the side. Perfect.
Oh. While looking around, I found foods I had grown up on. Some I haven't had in years, decades, some many decades. While watching, I was initially saddened. Can't eat that, or that, or... wait. Yes I can. Using almond, coconut, or other keto flours? Perhaps fried pork rinds, as breading? Using allulose and liquid sucralose? As well, whipped raw whole cream already IS a party to my diet, with sweetener alternatives. Etc. A strange thing to find old Hollywood ate much as I had. And still can, with a few workarounds. Amazing.
When Mom leaves, I plan on a bit of a shopping spree. A bunch of better whole chickens (some to be broken down), some number of packs of burger, the cheaper cuts of beef roast while learning to braise or otherwise slow cook to tenderness, and such. Going back, nearly purely, to carnivore. Though adding gravies from drippings, a few veggies I have learned to tolerate, though integrated into the meats. Very meat focused.
I may try to cut back on dairy, cream, coffee. Halving my intake, and frequency of consumption. To see if that has any effect. Alternating with tea, hot and cold. Some of that tea being herbal, so not caffeinated. Just... testing some things. Though if I don't see any improvements, I may scrap that. I do love my fatted coffee. If I have found I don't need caffeine. I just want to see if it is holding me back, in weight loss and health.
I would like to get back to kefir. That will always be a bit tricky, due to needing nearly daily care, weekly at the least. But it is an absolute powerhouse food. As to diabetes, it is sketchy. Sometimes it is fine, sometimes it seems to push things. No matter how well or long I ferment it.
It will be next month before I can really start in, on most of that. But plans are made. Costs are another issue. But I won't be trying to feed three plus me. Bleh.
A bit of gaming? Another coffee? Dunno. Maybe. Later, or most likely, good night... morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here