Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No .22 shells?

.
.
Well, okay, I finally did find some .22 shells at the second Wal-Mart. But they were all the very high velocity shells, there were not many of them, and they do not shoot well in my rifle or pistol. Both of my .22 firearms prefer at least standard ammunition. I would like to find some subsonic munitions for the weapons, at least to see how well they shoot. I had been told my firearms of that caliber, both Ruger, prefered hotter rounds. Not so, and rather gladly. Hotter rounds often cost a good deal more.

Since I did not find the shells I wanted, I had thought to go to the Wal-Mart in Ogden tonight. My neighbor was with me. I asked if he wanted to go to Ogden with me or whether he would rather I drop him off. He suggested that nothing would be open. And I said Wal-Mart would be open. He then said they would not have the ammunition, they shoot more there than here. And I suggested that if they shot more, they would carry more, and probably more variety. Finally he suggested I wait until tomorrow. So, I asked if he wanted to go then. He said, maybe. Which meant yes. Ha. So, it is on. We will go tomorrow. Plus, he knows of a shooter's warehouse place. Prices, for most of his memory, are a lot lower there as they do bulk. Sounds good. Tomorrow, whenever I wake up (or earlier knowing him :P ), we will go to Ogden. Besides, I wanted to find the V.A. so I will have an idea about where it is at and then drive up Ogden Canyon and see if I could spot the cabin I am renting for Christmas. Why just do one thing when you can do a half dozen or more for the same price?

I had been shaving until about a week ago. Besides being a bit lazy, I was curious how fast my beard grows now. It grows fast. I nearly had a beard already. Perhaps it was a week and a half. It was a tough shave too. Now I look all clean and baby-faced again. Now for a haircut. Then I will almost look civilized. I would still rather find a barber. Beauticians are fine, they often do well, but it is the idea. If I am to be a gent, I need to start doing the things gents do. Beyond that, a barber shop is a good place to meet and great. It is generally for men only, saving for the women who bring their boys in. And barbers are often better than many of the so called comedians I have seen or even paid to see.

Even if it was a small outing, this is one more day I did not spend in the cave. I did not get everything done that I meant to do, but I did do the most vital things. My neighbor says we have until tomorrow to pay rent, that is the next vital thing. And I need to call about the rental, perhaps stopping there before I head out to Ogden. My card does work, from my old bank, so it was probably something just a bit off at the store I made the purchase. It is, however, good to know. If I play my cards right, this month, I may be able to stock a little cash away. It is good to have some of that on hand. I figure in a month or two, I will have 3 months of emergency cash stowed just in case the banks do take an "extended holiday".

Back to your regular programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here