Saturday, October 10, 2009

If you want a great read...

.
.
I enjoy reading. Fiction is not so much my thing anymore, too much of it is tied to the foolishness of what I like to call modernism (though modernism has been called that since Moses' time, and probably before, so it probably means more like todayism or something). Too much is about me, mine, our, us, fun, physical pleasure, what people can get for free, and such. However, I do enjoy people. Those who have gone through difficult times, who have been tried and found themselves in good places, and just listening to the lives of people, really. For some time, my cynicism did not allow me much kindness to people. Preferring animals, nature, and machines to people, I tried to live a private life. As God called, and as I approached, my world changed. Now I see those around me, and love them. Rich, poor, educated, ignorant, fat, skinny, or just average, people are precious. Each and every one is now a gift from God, directly to me as I see it. Not for my use, but to be loved as a glory. Perfect at it I am not, always simple about it I cannot be, but my effort and heart are there.

To that end, one who I read often caught my attention some time ago. Her story was very moving. In her hardships, heartaches, and trials, she has been and remains an inspiration to me. And perhaps her story and writing will grant you such notions. Here is the link to the writings that initially made me a friend to her court. Consider this a friendly brief to the court of man by an interested participant. Go, read.

I think I will try to sleep. I do not want to let a mistake ruin my efforts. I am still tired, so I have probably been pushing myself a bit hard. Good, since I am not dead. But it does mean my body will revolt. As it is doing. Still, a little pampering until I get up and going is far better than quitting.

I hope you are having a great weekend. Working or playing, fiddling, or tinkering, resting or sleeping. Enjoy and be well.

2 comments:

Backsass Here