Thursday, August 18, 2011

A day off, but no more.

.
.
I roped myself into a busy day tomorrow. I had thought about just doing taxes and calling it good. But! The conceal carry forum has a section for other types of weapons. And I have a rusting live-steel sword. So I thought perhaps someone there might know something. I described my problem and let it go. I just got off the phone, after a pm with my contact information had been sent earlier, with a man who both sells and deals with bladed arms. It seems he would be willing to look at the thing, see what he can do, and show me how to keep the sword in good condition. Further, it works out perfectly, as he won't be available until late afternoon which gives me time to do taxes in the morning, put in my application for a permit and pick up medicine in the mid-afternoon, and arrive at his place just on time. And, the way things work, I shouldn't have to rush for any of it, assuming I get a good head start right in the morning. As an added bonus, I will have met at least one of the people from the forum. Yeah, it makes a difference when someone knows your face... sort of has a feel about your bona fides. Actually, that makes two. The guy who taught the class is on the forum, too.

If I can swing it, after a day of rest, I will have done a hell-a-lot this week. And just in time to take the weekend off, for the most part. As I am becoming more active rest times are becoming vital. It is almost difficult, now, to remember just sitting around for weeks, months, nearly years. It hasn't been a quick transition, and I am nowhere near complete with it, and I don't know just how busy I will ever be able to become. Then again, who is? Every one of you, busy types or not, know that sitting a little too long, or becoming ill, or losing your job, or... many other things... can sideline you faster than quick. Having no money makes moving forward very difficult, not being forced to move forward, all of it can just wipe you out. And sometimes will power, like with illness or even short term depression from a job loss, seems to simply flee.

Anyway, I have business tomorrow and I mean to get it done. It will be quite nice to have the sword both tended, and learn how to keep it that way. This thing has bugged me for longer than you might realize. While a day down is a bit of an annoyance, it sure beats a week or a month or three down. Then again, a day down once in a while is surely a nice thing, too, now.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here