Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halvsies, as usual.

.
.
I did make it to the Sacrament of Reconciliation. I was an half hour early, which makes it more comfortable. Plus, I like praying, thinking, and just soaking in the surrounds there in the nave. I also go and pray afterward, just a bit. It always makes me feel like I am home. More so, I suppose, because I have never had a home. There is no one place I could call home, save in time where I currently reside. I almost feel foolish going in with my quaint little sins. And I do look things over for even little things. I am sure I miss much, we have a way of forgetting. But I am sure I get the big ones and some of the little ones. What is worse, at this point, I am probably too sick to develop new sins, so I am stuck with the same old ones. :p In any case, I always feel blessed to have another chance to try and beat those same old sins. It might be a losing battle but since God is willing to forgive, over and over, I am willing to try, over and over. I am just glad He forgives one more time than I sin. :)

I could not stay for services. I was already failing and I really needed to shop. There is always tomorrow, for shopping, but I get on a roll and I have to... do. I will try to be to services tomorrow. Though 10:00 is early, it might suit my schedule of awakeness. The only problem is that, like this morning, I may not be able to get moving. Neither heat, caffeine, or food could get me going today. Still, I did what I could. Doh! I forgot shoe polish! No worries.

On to the store I went. I spent nearly the last of my open money on food, but all good. Chicken, beef ribs, cereal so I have something more substantial 'on tap', milk, and a few other items. Nothing fancy, I didn't have much remaining to me. I know how much was in my account, so I counted the items, roughly, as I put them in my cart. Ten dollars here, three dollars there, seven there, and so on. It adds up fast these days. For some supposed great slaughter of cattle going on, the prices aren't reflecting that. At ten a pound for steak, which I had to pass, I think we are being had.

But I am done, spent, tired, and more. I am honestly doing everything I can do, and probably then some. At least, with God, I have no worry about explaining things. He knows very well how hard I really try. He knows how important He is to me. He even knows what I do for Him. What I surrender of my own notions, what I try to convey to others from Him, and that I know I am His. Christ made me His friend and brother. It's a family sort of thing. I think I do like the priest. He is a bit mysterious, curios, interesting. Not that that matters, just a side note. I hope to get better enough to work with him and the lady who runs the prison visitation group. He says she is a good woman and I believe him. Sometimes you just sort of trust some people.

I had hoped to grill, do more laundry, and do the dishes, but I am all out of gas. I believe I will cool down just a bit, do a few finishing touches on things, say a thankful prayer and include some of your concerns in my prayers, then go to bed. A good night to pray for my enemies too. Lord knows, they need them. At least now, tonight, when I lay down to sleep, I will rest much easier. If I don't make Mass tomorrow, I will soon, and in good conscience. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Somewhere between the ranchers culling their herds at a loss and the ten dollar per pound steak at the supermarket, *someone* is making a helluva killing...

    I'm glad you made it to church, if even only for that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our nation's friend and hero, Ted Turner, owns most cattle ranches in the US. It is he, the great socialist, who is squeezing us.

    Thanks again. Yes, this was a key thing for me. Even if I had... decided to have the Eucharist delivered, give or take, I needed this part and it can't be delivered. It is an official, obvious, return. For me, it is a spiritual 'shower'. Like the real thing, when it is overdue, I get a bit ripe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here