.
.
I sorted laundry early. Wanting to get that going first thing, as the pants I want to wear are in the laundry, I set about it all. After sorting, then compiling into the basket, finding a few things that hadn't made it to the basket in the first place, I grabbed the basket and headed into the laundry room. Initially, just in my underwear and a sleeveless t-shirt. WoW was it cold! I dropped the basket, turned up the heat, and decided to start on laundry when it warmed up back there. Mind you, I was not all that awake at that moment. So, just a bit ago, This time wearing sweats, a jacket, a baseball hat, and thinking it might be warmer. Not one degree warmer! I about just did a u-turn, thinking to do it even later. Then I thought, you know, this isn't the way it was last winter. I checked the windows. Open, every one of them. BrrrrrrrrH! So, I closed them and went ahead and put the first wash in. As long as the front loader takes, and the way I dry things (on fluff until nearly done, then if needed cotton or whatever is appropriate), I will at best get two, maybe three loads though. I'm still reeling from that slap of cold though. Wouch. Wakey wakey?
Sam wanted out. So I let her out. Sassy wanted to follow. But... it was daytime! Sassy has patently refused to venture out in the sun to date. This morning, though, it looked like she really wanted to follow Sam. Unfinished business between the two, copycatitis, or just because I will never know... her diary is beyond my capacity to translate. In any case, I nudged her just a bit, and after a brief pause, out she went! Ah, so cute watching them get all growed up. Their little venture lasted as long as my first attempt at laundry, and I think for the same reason. It is c-c-c-cold this morning!
The coffee I put on earlier has grown cold itself. Have you ever noticed that if you chill yourself to the bone somehow that room temperature drinks then taste chilled? Maybe it is just me. I ought to eat something soon. A few rounds of salami and some of that excellent gorgonzola cheese. I used to enjoy plain crackers, you know, the square saltines, with this mix. After having some Italian seasoned ones, however, the saltines are simply not up to it anymore. Why do I have to go and ruin a perfectly good thing? Meh, another thing on my list.
Dishes have snuck up on me. But nothing out of control at this point. A quick soak, and perhaps when I return from this afternoons outing I may lay my hands to those porcelain, steel, aluminum, and plastic bandits. And good timing too. I hope to buy some meats and fire up the grill for fresh meat tonight. A couple of family sized packets of chicken and some beef ribs on the bone, cooked and refrigerated, will last me a good week, along with the beans and rice. Perhaps a few steaks for later in the week and into next month, and some hamburger for... whenever. I enjoy a little hamburger or two, from time to time, or fried with the beans and rice, satisfies like nobody's business. And perhaps some more salami. I have cheese to last.
Well, time to... do something. A shower? I never quite did get to that yet. I'm... right on it! Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here