.
.
Going private has done little. Less than I thought. They just think I don't realize they are still watching. What they can do electronically, however, I can do natively, without no wires or electricity. Oh but they do see. They aren't the only ones. They, however, aren't used to being watched back. They know that exists, they just aren't comfortable with it. I am almost certain they know they aren't the only fish in the watching ocean though. They can probably only guess who else watches, and watches even them. I could give them a list. Funny world we live in.
Still, it did cut down on the chaos noise. Legion is gone, the youthful free-radicals no longer tease, haunt, giggle, misuse. Not that many understand, it is just that, like talking to a child too young about the birds and the bees, all you end up with is confusion, laughter, blushes, and such. The ones who remain are intent, devoted... though to what depends on the group, and adult, if human. They have learned not to let their feelings spill onto the screen for those like me to pick up on. And yet, I can feel you, sitting there, quiet like, as a deer being hunted. You don't know why you are quiet and unmoving, and intent, while reading here. It's because you are in bear country, of the mind, spirit, flesh, and even soul. I see right into your eyes with every word your eye reads here. Do you see me in the words? Careful, child. You just helped me see even more. Don't squirm, don't rock, don't twitch, don't... breath. Closer... closer... I'm behind you.
Crazy Ivan, baby. But don't think it was blind.
The choir was wonderful. It was a fine mix of men and women, adults and children. They performed admirably. There were treats for afterward, but I... I could not stay. Family, my church, this church, that convention, I... usually sneak out. I love company, sometimes. But I needed to think, after the music, I think. I enjoyed the company, but I see that they see. There was that, too. Yes, yes, crazy old coot. Hushutup. I am blind but I most definitely see.
I did get dressed, shaved, and put on my Sunday best. It is not typical. Chords, but the right shirt. No tie, and I couldn't find my suit coat... or whatever these modern fineries are called. The tie was too tight tonight. The suit jacket just a touch out of reach for my stumbling mind to guide my hand to. I looked as good as I get. Butt ugly, but large as a rock and twice as dense... in all ways one could take that. Now, all I could find in the time allotted was hiking boots. They are leather, though, so... Urhm, probably need polishing, and waterproofing, but... I did what I could.
I could say more, but I like to let the unofficial readers... wonder. :p *laughing grin*
Afterward I made it to town. Milk, cat food, cat litter, and a few things to make sure Christmas can be celebrated without great hunger or privation. Simple things, but it is the simple things that... mean so much sometimes. A glass of milk, fresh, whole, real. You only have to sweat it out in some shithole of a jungle for a couple of weeks to start wanting mommy and milk, and cookies. And, and, and... But I have it. And, at least I can call my mom.
Later.
Are you saying you still get views beyond the 3 of us? You can tell that by your stats?
ReplyDeleteI know with my internet carrier, they sometimes change the location that shows up for me.
No. But then you don't even show up, unless you post a comment. Sometimes, if you click on something to look at a post that has music "under the fold", then I can tell someone viewed. I can sometimes guess who it was, but not always.
ReplyDeleteThere are others, when I used to be open, that didn't even show up when they left a comment, other than the comment. No number on the post they visited, nothing. My guess is, these types will visit right through a lack of permission. I'm not sure, but I almost bet Desert Cat could do so, if he put his mind to it.
All the people that are looking in are afraid of being seen. Churches, for various reasons, government for various reasons, and liberals who simply hate though I think I really did shut most of that last group off, most... save what's in government and churches... infections.
I know the V.A. used to read here. I planted data to see if they knew what they couldn't know, and too often they did. My last "doctor" got a full dose of me anti-feminist jibe and couldn't control her contempt in the office, right to giving me a false diagnosis. So... yeah, they are out there. I am sure the V.A. can still break in though. Probably given tech by the FBI. Most users don't know it, but that is where their tech comes from.
Really? Right now, for the 23 of dec you should have at least 2 stats on whatever you use to count stats. I don't use a proxy server or anything that might block my searches.
ReplyDeleteSorry, foam, but you do not show up as having visited. There is an indication that someone visited, and the Desert Cat visited. But you don't show up in any way that I can detect save by comments and blips on page views. You are invisible.
ReplyDeleteThere have been 17 pageviews today, and Desert Cat seems to have visited twice. Other than that, nothing. I doubt between you, Desert Cat, and Michael, 17 pages have been viewed, if that isn't all of the (I am quite sure).
Bleh. *laughs at self* Then again, I didn't think this would keep them out, just those. And it did that.
And actually, while the thing shows 17 pageviews it is only showing 8 posts that were viewed, in that sort of count. Go figure.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh.. I'm a ghost! Kewl!!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, have a nice day, doomster. I off to bake some apple pies now ..
Apple pies! Nice.
ReplyDeleteWhile I was out the other night, I saw a boneless rib roast. Bought one as a gift, but one for myself too. When I wake, I will be roasting that and taters. No pie, but I won't go completely hungry this Christmas. Still, it's those little extra things...
Hey! I'll dream of having a slice of your apple pie! I get some sweet, you don't have to hit the back of my hand with a spatula, and we are all good! Should I have it with ice cream or not though? :)
Well Google itself probably still spiders here. Google employees who have a mind to, could doubtless read. And Big Brother via NSA, of course.
ReplyDeleteBut I know of no way to read without permission.
Try not posting at all for a week and see? If you still have perceived "readers", then it is psychic touch from other sources you're feeling.
You want real relief from the cacophony? A cave. No lie. I wandered alone deep into a lava tube in the Flagstaff area a while back--maybe a 1/4 mile in. When I got to the end, I turned off my light and sat in the still darkness. Utterly utterly silent, both by ears and brain waves. So far from the entrance, deep in the earth, the usual chatter does not penetrate.
Vanilla ice cream, of course!
ReplyDeleteOh, I don't need to know, Desert Cat. I just play it soft. And sometimes I try to deny what is right in front of me, because as we all know, psychic connections, ghosts, and other things... are fiction! Even spying and cracking and hacking... why would they, of course! Duh! Gotta believe that only the reals are real. Only what we are told and sold is real.
ReplyDeleteSocially, modernistically, technically, must not believe in such things. And yet... what is God if not the unseen and unprovable in the naked light of day? Still, the pressure is on not to abide any such notions.
Or, how about this, I am as sure I am being blog burgled as I am that the sun will come up tomorrow. It isn't just NSA, or just even various departments of OUR government, it isn't just google, it isn't just this or that, him or her. It's a huge list of people, governments, businesses, and orgs, that spy, some more specifically than others. There is a chance I could be wrong. But if I am, it really... won't matter.
Oh, a cave, you say? Maybe. Actually long trips also do it, depending on the destination as to whether they catch up to you sooner or later. It's like the world loses track of you for a bit.
When we went to Burning Man, I fell off their grid. Couldn't pinpoint me, even knowing were I was going, because there were too many others there, many of whom... Well... Burning Man isn't a mass rave, or only, that's all I'm saying.
I would not deign to poke a nosy mind around there myself, save a half-way for meet and greet purposes. Could lose half your neurons, self-control, or life simply through mass feedback or chaos on the line. There are the ol' witch and witch hunter things too. It's not a place to be nosy.
foam,
Vanilla is tops! The only other kind I could, on some freak whim, imagine, might be chocolate. And yet, even as freaky as I can be, I have never even tried chocolate ice cream on righteous apple pie. I know I have thought about it, just... too kinky! *laughs, but serious*
Burning Man was a lot of things only faintly gathered. I'd be interested in more of your impressions on this topic (email if you prefer).
ReplyDeleteI do know this: entering the circle of the city is, in a very real sense, leaving the default world behind. There are some serious shields (circles) built up, by people who know what they are doing, to separate and segregate that place apart.
Bothers the hell out of the LEO/authority sorts, who can only bring their physical presence...
Oh, yes, and I played with them, I did. I am sure I mentioned my ghosting the followers? Teh funna(tm). Course, I don't need the shields of others for that, it just didn't hurt. Even with their little bots screaming around looking they could not track me. *boo* They did figure out, eventually, who I am, on paper. I saw an expression on a face when this "ghost" was put to a name and file and two and two ended up adding to three hundred. They just dropped everything and ran.
ReplyDeleteFine, I'll... detail more in an email. Soon. Just need to collect and revisit some notes.