.
.
Those eggs.
The first batch, I did everything, but the last thing, right. I warmed the eggs to at or possibly slightly above room temperature. I do that by putting them in warm water, which I do to check quality. Floaters are bad and are eliminated from the contest. If the water is slightly warm, which it is if I do... initially because I hated putting my hands in cold water in the winter the first time I learned to do that... I will leave them in that while I arrange all else. Then the pot gets that bit of water, and put on the stove to heat. I often will speed it up by cranking the heat. Then, when the water begins to boil, I'll put the eggs in, put on the lid, set the timer, and (usually) turn down the heat. Not that first time. The water was gone, in eleven minutes, and some of the eggs were slightly burned. Thankfully not too terribly so that any horrid odor was created.
Okay. So... another go. This time, in my frustrated rush, I forgot to warm the eggs. So, when I put them in the boiling water? Two cracked immediately. The rest made it through just fine. *sigh* I did everything else correct, was benefited with three warm perfectly cooked eggs, and put the rest in the refrigerator. One more small batch was cooked. While I did these last flawlessly, I only cooked five instead of six, as I had intended. Some days just... well... All good though. I have a dozen and more eggs for easy snacks or a meal whole should I choose. Which reminds me of a recipe I saw. I can't find shrimp I trust, in the smaller size, so that part is out. But the dressing, maybe some other meat, the greens, and spinach as an addition, might well work just as nicely. It's the dressing that looks interesting... No... the whole salad idea looks good. It will be a staple, if I can get to the store often enough, until I can get potassium under control. Hmm? You know what? Mushrooms, fried in butter, would make an excellent shrimp replacement. I am not familiar enough with shiitake mushrooms to know even their flavor profile, let alone the various textures of raw versus cooked (or if you can even eat them raw?). Ugh... Learning curve strikes again. [Sorry, forgot the video recipe. One of THOSE days, I tell ya.]
Anyway... a bit of digestive time, then on to browning some meat and bone. No spices, no salts, and no mushroom stuff... this time. And probably no mushroom for a while, until I have enough parts and pieces combined in the freezer to add to a stock. Not sure how long it will take, but I'll keep at it. Might just be a once in a blue moon thing... unless I push it and just chop them in and say phooey on convention or frugality... from time to time.
Headache. Why is it that pillows are just fine, work for... a long time, then all of a sudden everything is off? I have been sleeping with those pillows like that for... since at least spring. Last night I thought my head was going to snap off at the neck for the kink. Removed one and, yet, never did find a good position. Oh well... back to cooking eggs? :p
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here