.
.
The cheese, that is. When I pulled it out to cut it, I sniffed. Yeah, you can smell it. Then I cut through the covering. Then it was stronger. I think I went through two more layers until, finally, I got a more direct sniff. At first, just out of reaction, I though maybe I had gone beyond my depth. It had been chilled, or it would be worse. And, yet, I have gone this far. At least a taste, I thought. You know? Not bad. Being a freshman in the cheese department means my tastes aren't mature. Even so, I can see how, over time, this could go from just being good to being a requirement in life. Not ever day, or every week, but monthly would be wonderful. In a dish, as a side, or even matched with something, such as fresh fruit. I would love to do a cheese a week. I simply can't find the good stuff in small enough portions. No local cheesemongers. Purchases start at about 7.5 ounces and go up to as much as 5 pounds. Further, the shipping will get you more than the cheese. Ah, well, once in a great while, but all in a rush.
I quartered the small round and... oh, almost forgot the creme fraiche. I smeared that around, and tasted the remnants on the utensil. I'm telling you, this is some fine food. Yes, I checked the beans. All else was sure. I then placed the cheese parts, though went through several variation on how to place it. Being round, I thought of a... squared circle, but that really didn't look right. I ended up having their flats face counterclockwise, with their half-moon ends at the center and as close to the edge of the pan as possible. I simply have to wait, checking on it from time to time... like... now.
Oh, by the way, I was quite easily able to eat the rind with the uncooked portions. I was curious. Other than some slight texture, I didn't really sense anything else. So, yeah. At least for me, I won't worry about the rind. *munch* Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here