Saturday, August 29, 2020

Rain.

.
.
Just a few drops.  It soundly as if would really hit.  Just as it got going it slowed down.  In the light of dawn there is no trace that it rained.  It isn't even as cool as it was yesterday, at 52° this morning.  With a hen sitting the eggs, I leave them in until it warms a bit.  She will go with the waddling, but the waddling does go back in and join her at her sitting.  They are a tight-knit group of paddlings, on or off the water.  It amazes me how cold-hearty even the indian runners are, and probably doubly the muscovys.  Eggs not so much?  I did move the pool closer, that might help.  Still, it is rather cold.  Strangely cold.

It is down to 68° in the main downstairs, 66° in the computer room, 68° upstairs.  Very... odd... how it's warmer outside this morning, and yet much cooler inside.  I suppose cumulative and drastic changes add up very quickly.  Ac's were turned off, save one on fan.  And one fan upstairs.  I made my bed, this time tucking the blankets at the feet.  That may not work, I may have to pull the blankets up and around my feet rather than have a toebox.  Will know soon enough.

There is no turning the furnace up, upstairs.  There is no heat.  Usually, when I get used to the cold, that isn't a problem.  Though my tolerance for cold is weakening.  Age...  Wool socks, undersocks if that isn't enough, thick pj's, perhaps woolens as well.  I can handle the cold, one way or another.  It's the heat that can be a real problem.  Actually, I am really set for winter this year.  Inside, and out, if I could get out.  I'd like to camp out there, possibly, sometime.  And snowshoe a bit.  Even if it kills me.

It looks like it could gather and rain sometime again today.  Though, too, it may just fly on by.

I am hungry.  I will eat.  Something.  Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here