.
Tired. Achy when I woke. Still, chores were done reasonably well. And I keep checking. The rabbits water is still flowing, and they are eating well. The little gents are still a bit miffed at papa, but seem to be slowly getting over it. And the ducks have been pleased to have the driveway opened. They like hiking around the place, and snow makes that less fun.
I have shoveled twice, and now plowed the driveway and frontage areas twice. Once with a little help, the last time all on my own. As well, I took care of a bit of business... for now. Have to figure out how to stay up on that. Quite cruel to jack fuel like that. A one time miss ends in four hundred in arears? Then with a two day cutoff notice? They have a phone number, probably my email, but those are too much? Really? Still, I have it fixed, for the moment.
As well, groceries have been ordered, again. I am hoping that works this time. Just enough for a few weeks. The only thing I need through the month is fresh veggies from time to time, and dairy. Dairy is paid on the first, for the month ahead. Oh, and I found a steak from... a... while ago. I thawed it, with some hopes. Grilled it. It was quite good. Probably the last ribeye I'll have for... most likely from here on out. Oh well.
Oh, I am also turning the furnace down. I'll start at 68~70. See where the bill goes. I may have to push the 66 line, and hope electricity doesn't go out. I would like to have alternatives, but those are all probably more expensive. Even the propane heater... which I'd have to be careful with as well... would cost a big chunk. And kerosene heaters would be twice that. But those would be good if all heat gets lost for a bit. I can probably handle it, mostly, but the girls can't. Cats just really don't do well below 50. I'll have to figure something out.
Ah, but, in the end, the sun was shining at the end of the day. Just... a bit from the west. It was a pleasant thing. Like a gift, or some hope, in these very dark and growing darker times. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here