Monday, July 25, 2022

Alright?

.
.
Still tinkering with the idea of making cat food.  Making?  How about... producing?  Using additives, and grinding meats... or having them ground.  Why?  Because I honestly do not trust most producers.  I don't trust the producers of human food, canned, for the most part.  Why would I trust them to make cat food?  As well, I have some hope of doing that, and better, for less.

Eating regular food at home, cooked from scratch, while a pita, is much cheaper.  Cheaper both than restaurants, even the "good ones", and processed easy foods.  That includes freeze dried foods.  Those are hard on your system, and usually carb-heavy.  So, done correctly, it may be the way to go.  Plus, I'll bet dollars to donuts, most health issues are animals have come directly from canned foods.

So?  So I have been looking.  There are meat grinders which can easily grind the bones of smaller critters, like chicken, rabbit, duck, turkey, and such.  Mouse, if you would be willing to raise them.  Though, to be honest, if I raised mice?  I would feed them to Sassy alive, and wriggling.  :)  I have thought about that, too.  Would only need live traps and attention to detail, most likely.  

Then again?  The mice seem to have disappeared.  Not... exactly sure why?  I did put mouse poison bait out in the outbuilding where I had been keeping rabbits.  And, at first, they didn't seem to go.  More, and more, and more.  Until, one day, no sign.  And, I haven't seen mice for... since early spring, mid winter?  Not out there, not in the house.  It's like it drew them in, to the poison, and... gone.  Even from the house.  So, I don't think I could catch a mouse, at this point.  But I could buy cages.  Enough for the breeding stock, and then two or three cages for the 'livestock'?  But how many mice would a cat eat, if a cat could eat mice?

Anyway.  Even if I do go for raw feeding, I will always have to have some canned on hand.  For emergencies, if I became ill, or couldn't get to the store, or even if the store stopped having availability.  things can shut down in a hurry.  Or, even a financial collapse, where money isn't available.  We are in very hard times.  But holding onto gold or silver is possibly more dangerous than having it in the bank.  But, look at what is happening in China.  Banks just stole their money.  The government is on the side of the banks.  Our government has already made it so that deposits aren't considered your money.  They are, technically, at this point, loans... to the bank... from you.  And, if the bank goes bankrupt, do you think you are first in line for any remuneration?  Wrong.  So... right... raw food?  Raw food.  I think it would be easier to maintain, and get the cat to hunt on her own as well, if things went bad.

There are many options.  The easiest one, if possible... not all butcher shops will do it, is to buy ground chicken.  Better with bone in, but there are options for boneless.  IF you can get inexpensive enough meat, there are additives which will fill that out.  Could do burger, but that is very expensive.  Pork is a bit spooky.  Wouldn't feed any animal ground pork.  Turkey is often pretty spendy too.  

The other option, that I see as possibly, is buying a grinder to grind less expensive meats myself.  And, it will handle chicken bones... and other small animal bones.  The least expensive I have seen is right at $400.  Though, even with that, I would still have to buy additives, just not as much/expensive.  Taurine, or some such, would be the main necessary.  Though livers, even finding livers can be tricky.  And those have to be added.  Mostly liver, though heart and gizzard, in with the meat grind, would be needed.  One powder handles both the needed bone, and adds what would be in the liver.  Another powder requires the maker to add those things, just has a few extra vitamins and taurine.

Expensive?  Both, upfront, yes.  To be honest, I am leaning toward the grinder.  It would be good form ore than just cat food.  Cheaper burger.  Lean as I want it.  The fats added could be made the more healthy fats.  And would be great for making sausages, without sugar, without this, without that... just... right spices and pure pork... the pork not too old, or off.  And casing I can trust.  Can't trust stores these days, or manufacturers.  Beside poisoning, they honestly hate us.

Just... thinking on things.  Trying to share thoughts.  If I could make more people more independent... from stores... from taxes... from things outside the family, right friends, and the church?  I would.  I will.  I do.  I have... problems.  But I don't support my own problems, just name them.  And... try to work around them.  If I do escape this jungle, for an honest one, I will be looking for a woman, with whom to have have children.  You don't have to be right, to do right.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here