Sunday, July 10, 2022

I want to sleep.

.
.
It just hasn't been possible.  Why?  I... can't quite make sense of it.  I have gotten it down to 76, here near the machine.  Ah, probably too warm.  Oh, but I did go in and watch a show.  Not only was it cooler, but movies are, for me, so very dull.  It is like reading in slow motion.  So, no, I did cool off.  It was in the low 70s out there.  As well, I had supper, which should have helped me to sleep.

But no.  It is later than three, by a few, and it just... I am not going to sleep any time soon.  I just checked the temp, outside.  It is 57.  Warmer than it has been lately.  If too, it dropped five degrees since midnight, I think.  Still, the 50s are rather pleasant.  I'll keep it cooling, then, until I can sleep.  But, this time, shut things down before hitting the sack.

Oh, I contacted a seller.  Something I purchased from them... I had asked for a return, being that it was weeks late.  And, more, was not being indicated as having moved anywhere after being shipped.  They had already agreed to a return.  But, not having been delivered, I couldn't return it.  They never responded.  But, then, on amazon, it indicated the item was out for delivery.  On Saturday?  I had just contacted them, around 15:00?  Wow.  It was no coincidence.

I am now reconsidering whether to return it.  Really, I just wanted to get some action... either have it canceled, and a refund, or get it.  With it here?  I may just keep it.  I have ordered a different one, but having two wouldn't be terrible.  Sort of expensive.  But such is life.  And, already paid for, so not a new expense?  A larger self-healing rotary cutter cutting and measuring pad.

Although I will look it over carefully, in the morning.  My surprise that it was begin delivered, and actually made it here, all of a sudden, and on a Saturday evening?  Well, I... was so shocked I didn't look it over.  It was in a flattened box, both sides taped.  It fell out, when I got it in the house.  I am wondering if the part and box got separated, or else.  Just... want to make sure it is in good shape, hasn't been run over, or else, in shipping.  Still, was amazed.

Though, also had mushrooms which were supposed to be delivered.  I didn't receive them.  I canceled that order, and they agreed to pay me back immediately.  I am wondering if the new driver for UPS is having problems, or is doing... favors for friends?  Not sure what is up, but they are behind, off, and wonky of late.  I may stop shopping with amazon if this isn't fixed immediately.  There are half a dozen packages which were in Wednesday to Thursday, which should have been delivered, but are either wrongly delivered, or sitting in their local shop, or in trucks but lost in them.  Something is terribly wrong.

Still, was amazed that showed up.  I was sitting here.  If listening to videos sometimes, I was mostly quite aware.  Even then, I can hear background noises, as my headset isn't noise canceling.  But... I didn't hear them.  I wonder if a neighbor received it, and walked it over... after being suggested that was the best process?  Very strange.

Well... on to tinkering, or looking things up, or... sleep would be wonderful, if I only could.  Though, it is different tonight.  I am not insomniac.  It is just... I am not sleepy.  I'm not between sleep and wake, I am well awake.  Just can't quite sleep yet.  Bleh.  Later, or goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here