Tuesday, November 29, 2022

A few more things done.

.
.
My last Christmas gift, second to last, was sent out.  I had to call my mother, to make sure it was going to the right address.  And I had to let her know the gift I tried to get wasn't available.  And other options were just not available.  I told her I would try to find something local, but just not promises.  Though let her know, if there was something smaller she would like, or thought of, to let me know.

Then, I called the recipient to let him know it was on the way.  And the day it would arrive.  No soap this year, but I won't say what I sent until... actually, I already told him.  Bleh.  Me and my big mouth.  But... he asked.  I'm a bit jealous.  It has been a few months since I have been able to order for myself, and this month is not going to be different.  Those better cheeses, and some salami.  Enough that, with some care, they could probably have two or three settings of the stuff.

They are... different cheeses, for American tastes.  And many Americans really don't eat salami, or other anti-pasta meats?  Some such.  But, they are quite good.  Or, so I say.  My neighbors don't seem to care for it.  

They both got soap last year.  More expensive than they might know.  None seemed all that interested.  I always worry that they just tossed it.  Dunno, never heard back.  This year, it was charcuterie for one, a roof snow rake for the other.  Nothing all that sexy, but... whatever.

Sure is a wintery last few days.  But... beautiful.  Reminds me of a woman, in a mood.  A dear thing.  Could kill you.  All good.  Death isn't bad, compared to some things.  Stormy, even when the sky is mostly open.  Curls of dark intent, attitude, danger.  Yes, I... do love women, and curious weather.

Oh, it seems the internet is just... having serious problems, on all things.  Temporary brown outs, complete if short blackouts.  Been this way for a while, but sometimes it is becoming terribly difficult to even access the internet for any length of time.  It's all patched, but with worse holes coming and going.  I am surprised it can stay up, at this point.  It may well fail.  Then we will hear some weeping and gnashing of teeth.  I won't miss it.  Ready for it.  Thinking about doing it proactively.

It might be time to just shut off the internet, for the most part.  Perhaps use my phone, for as long as I decide to keep that.  Just... back off from all this.  Go to a dumb flip-phone.  Disable the camera(s), as I have with my smart phone.  Burn the beast to the ground with starvation.  Sure considering it.  As for blogging?  I can keep the computer offline, and just create a journal.  Or do it by hand.  Sure thinking about it.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here