Sunday, August 13, 2023

Earlier than expected.

.
.
Was it eight, eight thirty?  Something... nearly nine?  It was 66 when I woke.  At twenty to eleven, it is hitting 76.  Indoors it is 72/72 down here, with a fan going and a few windows and the front door cracked, just now.  I closed up all but the front door as I checked this last time.  Strange, but pleasant.  Warmer upstairs, when I woke, 72/73?  I haven't needed the air conditioners all that much this year.  Afternoons, down here.  A bit before and sometimes, often, during sleep.  If I am trying to cool the place off up there a few hours before bedtime, then opening up and shutting that down as I go to bed.

The middle of August?  Mid 80s used to be cooler days, but are more the norm this year.  Haven't had rain in a while.  Still, had more rain during what is normally dry then we get most of the rest of the year?  Rain, not including snow.  Maybe, maybe not.  Though we have had a lot of rain this year, on top of the extra snow this last winter.

Hungry.  Not going to eat really soon, but... before too awfully long?  I can hope.  I have burger thawed, and steak.  The grill is pretty much ready.  Patties?  If I go that way.  Though I may make some burgers, then salt a steak for much later.  Letting steak come to temp, salted (and I like peppering, fresh ground, too) for one to even four hours?  Perfect.  It really does work.  Sometimes I add garlic powder, let that infuse the steak too.  It... work well, if you like garlic.  Fresh garlic really doesn't work.  Better for you, but it doesn't get the flavor through the steak.

A coffee, earlier, to start the day.  I'll have a bit of kefir shortly, and probably reset the kefir.  It should be about time.  Nearing a readiness for whole raw milk, rather than store bought.  But this week, or next?  Ugh.  I'll need to make a trip to town, just to secure enough to get me through though.  Ugh... having so much difficulty getting going, so getting showered, dressed, and out, is going to be murder.  Just getting fed is going to be a struggle.  I'll do what I can.

Well... on with the day.  A kefir, some gaming in an attempt to get the blood pumping.  A shower, trim, shave later?  In prep for a run tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that?  Maybe.  I... can try, hope, pray.  I do very well, for a mostly dead guy.  Which... is great, given the givens.  But it isn't all that good in any other context.  Oh well.

Is... someone suggesting... something?

Hmm?  Another question?  Accusation of some sort?  Thought?

Or a response of some sort?  I can't always tell.

My answer?  Or... a response which popped when... it seemed right.

Life is certain death.  It's only ever about a small window of time, say a moment to a hundred and twenty years, and a small geographical area on or near the earth.  Those may seem large to you, but they aren't but the blink of an eye on a small dirt ball in all of space and time.  

I have... places to go, things to do.  Until... I don't.  Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here