.
.
Why wait, and since I cannot sleep, I have begun my rereading of the O.T. Genesis is longer than I remember. Most of it is tracking with what I did remember though. Then again, I read it only a year ago, if I stopped there too. My mind is whirling with ideas, memories, and thoughts. My doubts are often formulated right before I get to a point where those doubts are dispelled. It is almost as if my mind remembers what is ahead and prepares my doubts to specifically be shot down.
I also realized something else. In dreams I have, 1/3 of the world, the heavens, and even the fish are destroyed. In my dreams, it is I who am doing the destroying. The stars that are brought down are actually angels who have strayed. That is in the beginning of the destruction. The horsemen ride, the four of them. Other than Christ, I believe the rest are thrown into the pit of fire once their work is done. It seems that, though they do God's will, they are not of God. Urhm, if I got that right. I have always wondered if I am a horseman. If so it would be war. I have always felt a pull, in both directions, both good and evil, and strongly. Eat, drink, and be mary or become chaste and devout.
I know which way I have chosen. And, too, I know that I am not that important. But being religious and spiritual, I think we all identify our good and evil with various persona in the bible. Some think of themselves as Peter, even to the denial of Christ, those who suffer persecution must look to Christ as an example, and so on. But because of our darkness, I think we also identify, at times, with the evil ones, the dark ones.
My dreams must have come from the reading of the bible in my youth. For I had only remembered the falling of the people, and then I thought it was 2/3 of the people. So my memory actually conflicted with my dreams and visions of the events to come. Until I reread Revelations to John. Much of that makes sense to me. If it is not exactly literal it does contain truths which are sincere. From the fall of Babylon, to the dragon, to the beast, the false prophet, the King of kings, and such, they all have meaning. But putting the meanings together coherently might lead one to believe that with the fall of Rome the end times were at hand. Most of the things described about Babylon are directly related to Rome. I suppose that is why some think that the Papacy is now the evil which must fall. Not I, of course. I believe Rome was given as an example of whichever city of great power there would be. How many hills were there or are there upon which NYC, Washington, D.C., Brussels, or simply Manhattan are standing on?
And, with any prophecy, there is difficulty in discerning. Especially this type of prophecy. Whatever the city, it will depend on many factors. And, it is odd, though the bible calls for peace, it does suggest that the one who comes to bring world peace is the one to watch. He will be false. I have to wonder if the false prophet is not a scientist. In any case, live as if there really is no tomorrow, but not in the way that might presume. It was cool, though, to have my dreams born out. Though, if destruction was meant for my hands, I think I will pass. Ha! Dreams...
Well, back to bed, or I will try.
Good night, sleepy heads. Or good monring.
There's considerable evidence that the Early Christians used the word "Babylon" as a code-word for the Rome of their day. And the names of Babylon's Kings to substitute for Claudius, Nero, Etc...
ReplyDelete"Hammurabbi is an asshat" would be safer than saying "Nero is an asshat".
Yep yep. We are seeing that even today. Calling the powers that be down to the rug has been being chilled by our own dictator in waiting.
ReplyDeleteDo not harshly criticize, directly, he who bears the sword and is willing and likely to use it. Of course, that is not just true in the bible. How many 'fantasy' books are and have been written in just such a fashion? Even Gulliver's Travels was such a thing.
That is why I used Quota Boy, others use The One, to describe our despot thief in chief.
If it were not harrowing, to need to do that in America, it would be downright fun. One must be rather creative to do so, and do it uniquely, yet not so uniquely that no one knows what you are talking about.
Oh, and I believe 666, the number of the beast, is a numerical reference to Nero specifically. The Jews were into numerology at one point in the Cabal's history (along with mysticism, literalism, and some other 'isms in their study of the O.T. and other writings). Christians seem to follow that and have inherited some of that as well.
I don't know much, but I do know some. Okay, I should clarify... I... know... nothing... Who are you again? *grins*
I don't dream that much anymore, or perhaps i forget them by the time i wake up. Sometimes they're violent and there is a lot of in-your-face violence. It's always bad guys wanting to do nasty things that are on the receiving end so that's a relief. But it's the viciousness that remains in my mind.
ReplyDeleteSometimes it's the classic, your legs feel heavy and you just can't get away. Sometimes i pop a car into reverse and it won't stop and just gathers speed. I hate those ones.
In re: 666, when you are all done with the reading you have planned so far, you may be interested in reading a little book by a man who caught my interest a couple years ago. He has since passed on, but his book is still on the internet (as well as being available at Amazon), linked here.
ReplyDelete