Saturday, June 4, 2011

Not exactly the splitting of the sea.

.
.
But I didn't have a neat staff, a bunch of malcontents and an attacking army at my back, or even a sea in front of me. But I did cook last night. And I ate some fresh hot food and have a nice little stock of leftovers to carry me a few more days. Everything, at this point, is short term. I would like to do more but there isn't enough to do much more with. I am hoping this will improve as I push the edges where and how I can.

A few things today, if I can. Picking up sticks in the yard sounds like a plan. Maybe a load of laundry, maybe even two. A trip to town to do a bit more shopping and to pick up a peg-board. That is it. Well, on top of keeping the medicine going, along with a bit of drink and food. I am just learning to balance... everything. So much is new. Not balancing means severe strictures and pain, perhaps death. Remembering everything, staying ahead of my physical needs since I am not aware of them, and doing a bit more... it's tricky for me. I simply put wool socks on and added sweat bottoms rather than normal pants of some sort this morning, and probably wisely. I can, now, feel the cold in my feet and legs. I probably would not have noticed otherwise.

Hmm, if I go to town, I might stop to see my friend. I might even grab a couple of sandwiches from a shop we both really like. Bring cheer, all are somewhat happy. Bring food, cheer shows up even better. He is thin enough that they are going to be putting him on food stamps. I think, in Utah, that is saying something. Not that Utah is cheap, only that it reserves it's resources (minus the cities of course) for those with real need. He didn't apply, the medical system did. Yep, a bit of food and a visit. Nothing fancy but it means a lot when one is even temporarily homebound. He would do the same if he had a vehicle, if that isn't the point. I need to move more slowly, but I need more surely to move if I can.

A bit more waking and then off to a new day. Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a good day, that hot meal sounds like it was a good start at least. :)

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here