Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I forgot the alarm!

.
.
I went to bed later than intended last night.  This and that, and it ended up being right at 21:00 again.  I had full intentions of setting the alarm.  It just didn't happen.  I know I rolled over to do that, and kept thinking about it.  I even thought I may have done it.  But, nope.  Sleep was grand though.  Minor dreams, seemingly of the typical sort from what I remember of my emotions regarding them, but nothing stuck other than the memory of some of the emotional reactions.  All good.  I do like remembering dreams, some of them are nearly book length, filled with even smells and physical sensations such as a breeze or touch on my face.  Even the hard ones have their place.  Oh well.  There is always tomorrow night.

I woke, some time near sunup.  It took me a minute or two to take a consciousness census and figure out what was what.  Had the alarm gone off yet?  Was it about to go off?  Had I set it?  Nothing quite makes sense in those first moments.  I often enjoy that.  I just do.  Since I can't seem to get anything else figured out, and often can't, one of the first things I do is check the time.  Ah, but rolling over takes conscious will, usually.  The alarm sound can cause an unconscious twist and roll, but that wasn't in play.  Finally, it seems to take forever to focus and roll, I checked the clock.  It was 6:01.  Perfect!  I won't curse a minute late, or not setting the alarm, especially for a minute late and a natural awakening!

Up and at it.  I got the machine rolling and everything plugged in, started with a touch of caffeine, and... started a quick check of email and the blog.  Oh, but the girls.  They had been right outside my door when I got up.  I'm not sure if they played a part in my waking, or heard me rolling and shuffling and came to... check.  I think if I nearly wake, but don't quite make it, they may then try to make noise to rouse me from sleep.  They have learned that efforts other than at those times simply don't work, and making too much noise may make me angrily ignore them.  They have learned about how much sleep I need, usually, too.  Don't think cats are stupid.  They just don't waste their intellectual pursuits on your silly rules!  :)

Before too long I fed them.  As I said, I don't like feeding them right when I wake up.  An hour is the usual distance between waking and them getting fed, or they will begin pushing to wake me earlier.  Hey, even kids do this type of thing unless strictly limited.  This morning, in... celebration... they were fed at about the half hour mark.  All good.

A bit rough, the shoulder blade still aches when I wake.  It'll hurt off an on all day, depending on what else I do, or don't do.  Too little activity, just sitting and for too long, will cause the thing to ache.  As will doing a bit much, or pushing until tired.  The latter is not my favored.  I don't mind causing ache by doing at all, and encourage it if I can.  It'll eventually get better.

Well... on to my day.  The reverse osmosis should go in without too much more of a problem.  And I bought a couple of plugs as well, for the non-standard drain connection for the old r.o. system.  Should is a very... ugly term though.  Should?  Lots of things should.  Few things do.  I'll know, hopefully at about 10:00, when I have fully waken, whether that system will go in.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here