Saturday, May 16, 2015

NOW it's Saturday.

.
.
Oh, and I am so glad for it.  I was limping across that line, more so after having gotten confused and sprinting Thursday.  I went to bed about 20:30, waking at 4:00 to 4:30.  I woke well enough.  Initially I was in pretty bad shape.  Sore.  Muscles, a few bones and various joints, a headache was either showing up or leaving, and some other identified things.  Have you ever had your headphones really loud, then got called away and left them on high.  Then turned them on one morning when quiet was needed and wanted?  Yes, that is how it initially felt, only with pain instead of sound.  No complaints, I have worked hard for that.  While I don't mind working, and earning my dues, I wasn't really interested in paying those dues first thing, or at that pace already.  Thankfully, while I have no volume control, my body quickly adjusted some things and I am already feeling better.  Plus, a fresh pot of coffee just finished.  Yum.

From coughing, maybe working too, my gut feels like it has been used as a punching bag.  I don't cough much at this point, but when I do, it's like having a kid bounce a bat off my middle section.  The pain is sharp, quick, and gone just as so.  Not as brutal as it sounds, I have definitely had much better, or worse if you are one of those pain adverse wienies.  This is how I need to keep it, at a bare minimum, from now on... for some number of years.  I don't know who well I can keep it tanked off.  I've done well to get to this point though.  Many meatheads with bad cases of manorexia use pills and shots, for muscle but also for the pain, because they can't handle the pain.  Not my gig.  I resist even using over the counter stuff, unless I really pushed too hard, or snagged a nerve around some bone or muscle group.  Even then I don't use it carelessly, or even until the pain is gone, just long enough to get my 'nerve' back to handle the pain and begin mechanically working, or walking, it out.

Oh, but this weekend is needed.  I am hoping, if I really slow it down on the weekends, I can ramp it even more during the week.  I am pushing for eight to ten work hours, when and as I can albeit, plus an exercise function, each day.  Then to ride the exercise depth up the hill at a pretty quick pace.  The last time I started working out, I was able to get up to 300 benches in three months.  Not sure I can repeat that, but it's a general goal, along with increasing the other exercises, and lengths of hikes, along with that.  I'll be figuring a few things out along with that. 

The gps arrived very early, compared to what was suggested.  It wasn't going to be in until the end of this month to the end of next month.  I was not happy about that.  I guess someone got the memo, for once.  It doesn't work well in the cave, but then, the cave has three to four foot walls.  Parts of it, enough of it.  Yeah... it's about as close to a real cave as you can get.  I'm almost surprised I get cell signals.  Though usually I can call, 3G and 4G are really spotty, depending on the time of day.  I have calibrated altitude/barometer, the e-compass, and took it outside long enough for it to link to this area.  What I haven't been able to do is see a dang thing for maps, update the date (I think, though maybe that will be automated when I make a trip).  I'm not sure what maps I will end up wanting or needing, either.  Garmin seems to be good, but they ain't cheap.  Buy a unit, at a premium, then buy maps, also at a premium.  It seems easy enough to use, but without maps I can't be sure how well it really works.  Can't really order maps online, without calling Garmin to see what exactly they recommend.  Hope to buy inland waterways next month, maybe, and road maps a month or two after that.

Gosh, it's nice to be  able to just sit, without having a list a mile long sitting on my mind.  Oh, I'll do a few things... finish the dishes, put up the now tended laundry that remains, get in a shower, and maybe begin work on the stick anchor.  And, tomorrow, maybe pickle the uncooked eggs I have on hand.  Not much more, other than eat two or three times.  Oh, well, and have trash and recycling ready to go, and get it out Sunday night.  Recycling is pretty much ready... a few boxes to break down and a sack to take out.  But trash will be a bit more work.  All good.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here