.
.
I had to work up to midnight, 23:30 actually. But that was as close as I could get. I could have, in the remaining time, folded laundry. Technically speaking. I had nothing left at that point. I still need to sweep. The thing about sweeping, then mopping, is there are always bits left from the mopping, no matter how good you sweep. At least when mopping is a rarity. The floors weren't dry enough though. Sweeping even a partially wet floor though, is bad. Always bad. So that was out. I suppose I could have hit the dishes, too, or taken the floor rug out and beaten it. Like I said, I was wiped. I am going to hit the dishes and laundry though. Just not quickly. And I will sweep the floor. Other than a bit of cooking, that will be it for weekend work. I lit a scent candle my mother brought into my home, and might start using one of those electronic (plug-in) air fresheners from time to time. I haven't, to this point, because I hate masking unclean with a false face of scent. If I can keep up on cleaning, I don't mind... enhancing the notion though. I suppose. Cinnamon. I suppose I could just use stove potpourri, but that is messy. This is much easier, and no pans will be dirtied in the process.
It has been great having steady easy good food. The eggs last well enough, from what I can see. As does the grain mix. I don't think I'll make as much grain/seed/legume mix though. I'm not sure that much will last. Even eating a cup a day, which I rarely do, that's quite a lot of the stuff. Nothing fancy, but it has definitely been a good thing. Simple, really, plain to be sure. Hmm... now that the cast is ready to be used, I can make some bacon, perhaps even some in advance, with the rest of it. Not a daily, just a nice add as a treat for when I have done well. Though I need to do something more in the evening, as to meat. I'll be cooking up chicken, brots, and thin-sliced beef sometime today, which will last half a week anyway. Cold is good, when I'm on the run. The nuke is good enough for warming food. And, I always get a slice of warm after cooking.
If the chores and resting go nicely enough, I may attempt to fabricate the stick anchor this weekend. I can do parts of it at a time without much wear and tear. Besides, it's both a fun project and for a fun goal. Boating isn't just about exercise, or backwood mobility, but a pleasure. If you don't like something, how are you ever going to get good at it? I hope to have a project each weekend, one I can tinker with at my leisure, but not too big of one either. Hopefully, on some future weekend when I grow to have more on the ball, perhaps I can begin on the solar oven. Just... something. Perhaps I can even begin collecting parts for a minor solar rig. Something for a few lights in the cave. Actually for several things... rechargeable battery charging, learning solar, maybe enough for one of those micro-fridge/freezers too. Just a little system to learn with. It'll take a while to buy all the components, wiring, and then assembly. Or saving until I have enough to buy a decent little setup.
I am surprised. I woke right at 7:30. I am not sore. I am not stiff. I'm not even worn. Still, I know from last weekend, I simply cannot push seven days a week. Nothing too heavy. If I hit heavy, I have to back down. I simply won't stumble through another week as I did this one. I'm not sure God needed a break, I think that was just a gift for us, an example to follow. I've got to take it. Amazing though. I really thought I was going to stumble and hit the dirt for a week or two. I did stumble, I just didn't stay down... more than once. All good, very deliciously good. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here