.
.
Head cold still has me in a bind. It feels like my head is in a vice. No major headache, just everything is tight, ear to ear. When I blow my nose everything, from ear to ear, sounds mushy. Still, a sickness goes, this isn't actually debilitating, just annoying. I am sort of hoping it clears up before heading out.
Even so, last night a crew arrived to help with my limb problem. Oh, I had been... keeping an eye on it. If mostly to not do so. Every time I would look out there, I would avert eyes. I was afraid of the electrical... still had power, if that didn't mean a whole lot, nor was it sure to stay. But the power line to the outhouse (not that kind of outhouse)... I wasn't sure about it. And there was too much board foot of limbs for me to handle. The main part of the biggest branch was probably six inches in diameter. And it truly was as tall as some smaller trees. Plus it had two offshoots that had four inch diameter limbs.
I helped, a bit, but quickly ran out of steam. Not being on medicines, I realize, is an extreme limiter. The head cold, while not totally debilitating, does add additional limits... mostly with getting enough air. The carburetor is gunked up, really. I did get to try out my axe though. It worked quite well. I chopped the main branch in half, and the two side branches fairly well. Hard wood, chinese elm? Something like that, I think I heard. I meant to check that last night, but after running out of breath I failed to carry that out. I branched a bit, too. It is a fine ax. Too expensive? Maybe, maybe not. I do know I could take a moderate full size tree with a rather small ax, if need be. And, that capacity, if mostly limbing, are why it was purchased.
The men worked hard, and got it all out. There were... five, seven, maybe ten truckbed loads? Yeah. And last fall there was nothing. I had pretty much cleared it all out. This was all from the last major blow we had around here. I am going to have to figure out who trims and get them in here. I will, eventually, lose power. I may have damage that will need serious repairs... just lucky these didn't take out a bank of windows or the power as is. The whole idea of doing it myself might be a bit... exaggerated. The help was greatly appreciated. By the time I could have cleared it a new group would have been down.
Today? I'm still nursing this head cold. If I can get to some things, I would like to get some things in to town. Not sure that will happen. I suppose it is a bit debilitating. I'll try to hit the dishes, shower, then think on things... when I can get to it. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here