.
.
I have been considering that since 8:30. But, then, I'd think of something to do. Grind winter white wheat, get the dehydrator working for when the sunflower seeds were ready. Perfect timing, as the seeds, which hadn't sprouted yet this morning, were sprouted after the machine was set up. Some of the screens needed cleaned but there were enough clean ones for the seeds. No salt. That might help them dry but I like them without well enough. The seeds went in. The dirty screens finally are getting a soak. They need the big tub I had been using for regular dishes due to their size, within the shower/tub. Problem has been that either the tub was full of other dishes or I was burned out on dishes.
By the way, with the dehydrator back in action, and carts ordered for the extra devices so cord use isn't a problem, I will get back to dehydrating everything from jerky, to fruits and veggies, and on into nuts and berries. Not vast quantities, only fresh when I can get them, as extra reserve... and another hobby. The thing I am learning with sourdough is... labels. Label everything. Some of it needs dates. Just do it. Plus, now I can sprout wheat as well.
Uhrm? Right. MORE CANNING JARS! In all sizes. Probably need to look for gallon jars. You can't ever have enough glass or pottery when you start on groady(ish) growy things, especially with canning on the horizon. Bah! And I need to wash more of the jars I have, and find a place to store them. Ah! Under the new carts when they arrive. Up to quarts anyway. Half and gallon can be sorted to the tall wire shelf. Bleh.
Then to laundry. Two loads should be finished with one last one on the way. I just don't have enough else to make a load. Had to grab kitchen towels, as is, to push the last load over the line. I've been doing small tasks dotted through the morning, much more, and some of that is more than it seems. Still, all good. Perhaps a nap after lunch? Not terribly hungry if it's not best to wait. Might take a rhino. Hmm, I bet they make into excellent fried rinds. A little tobasco and golden. It even provides it's own fat! Fuck yeah I think with my stomach.
Yeah, best eat first. A pillow or cat might end up gone missing otherwise. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here