.
I didn't get to bed until 05:00. Between eats and... actually that is all, but several meals, blood sugar got to 165. I kept rising, without more food, after the 135 reading. I had t o do it. On the good side, blood sugar is back down to a more reasonable 143 this morning. I can do that. Glucose tabs usually, I say usually because they didn't last time, wreck my fasting blood sugar, putting it into the 190's to even upper 200's. This is much more amenable.
So... one can of beans and protein can brings things back from the edge. A can of fruit? While I am sure, in finality, it did help with the rise, it really doesn't help much with stopping the plunge. If there is a way to skip that, and go straight to a meal of protein and beans, I... could do better, and not raise it quite so much. But there has to be pre-cooked meat crumble on hand. I keep beans as part of my mid-term stocks. Like it or not, they come in handy in emergencies. As do buckets of dry beans, but those are stored airtight, with dehumidifiers and else in there. Not for mid-term.
Hmm, though I do wonder if lentils would work? Those are fast to cook, and might be a bit more gentle on diabetes? But still with enough carbs to stop a plunge? I'll have to try. I'm looking for efficiency of effect. Just a stop, and a slight rise... to around 100, plus up to ten or twenty. I am getting to stop and stay below even 190, so... it's a start.
Even with the late bedtime, I am up, have done chores, and after yesterday afternoon and this morning, believe I know where I want the post for the hammock. I want to check closer to noon and into early afternoon as well. But I think the best spot, with the least sun, is where I thought I would put it yesterday. It'll get a blast of sun in the morning, but even that, some of it will be in the shade. The other place I thought of was getting a later sun, plus early sun, and seems to get it longer by the looks of things.
Up at 10:00? Ugh. But I don't feel bad. I took, pretty much, the last of my acetaminophen last night. So I ordered more. It's expensive, no matter where you go or how you get it. But, at I remember, this bottle cost more, had weaker pills, and fewer of them. I will still keep aspirin on hand, stronger dosages... for if anything goes wrong. An aspirin can keep a stroke or heart attack from doing as much damage, if taken... chewed actually... right away... even as a mere precaution. They used to have me on aspirin, but it caused too many nose bleeds for a daily. I'm not sure why they changed from having me take it daily to not having me take it at all? The liver? Kidneys? But I know to keep aspirin on hand. *wink*
It is wonderful to wake clean. That shower was worth pushing for. Otherwise I would have waken grimy, caked in dust and old sweat, and with a dirty bed. I probably need to change the linens, and put the mat out to sun for the day... or soon. While not completely trashed, not bad at all today actually, mostly, given all, I am... a bit worn.
I can't swear what I could do. I'd like to open the kitchen up, for food prep, at least a bit. Get trash out, if possible. Tending the girls isn't a chose. And chores have been finished for the morning. I don't think I will need to feed or water the rabbits again today, but I like to stop in and see them... for them and for myself. And I should close up the duck feed shortly. Plus, I'll need to open feed back up for them later.
I might be a bit burned today. While I was, mostly, inside. Just the bit being on the road, during the hot part of the day, seems to have gotten to me. The sun is back in a position to burn. And is out enough to do so. But I am out there, two to five times a day. You'd think that would count for something as to tanning slight. I'm out for probably two to four hours a day anymore. Albeit mostly in the shade, save the bit walking to the outbuilding or rounding the place for inspections with Sergeant Sam at my three o'clock, in step.
Okay, there are some aches... but nothing like I thought there would be. What truly hurts are my feet. They are difficult to walk upon. So strange, they were least used, actually. It doesn't mean I can do much. But I do intend to try. Maybe a nap around noon? If I need it. Have a great Sunday. Get to church if possible. Either way, if you say prayers, add me to them, as friend or enemy. All is good. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here