.
Amazon has slowed delivery. To be expected, not a complaint mind
you. Fuel costs. They are being as absolutely efficient as they
can be. Sometimes air freight, given certain things, is cheaper.
So a group of packages may go from California to Kentucky or Oklahoma.
Then drive through. Goes to bulk, weight, and fuel costs for whichever
devices are involved.
Sort of odd, the way things end up. However, and to be honest, I am
surprised they are continuing to ship. There seems no way they can be
making money. Even with the mass of objects, and else, they are at best
getting to merely breaking even. Then again, compared to most
corporations today, that... might be as good as it gets?
Still, they are trying to keep from going over into negative territory.
Not sure if they are doing it. But, I was thinking. What happens
if amazon goes dark? Some suggest walmart, now that they are
shipping. But, if amazon can't do it, wallyworld certainly can't.
They can't even keep their online ordering, or search system, operation so as
to be able to find products, or keep them in the 'shopping cart'. As to
efficiency of shipping... no. Just... no. They might try, but
would either finish going bankrupt in a short spit, or just end home
deliveries.
What would happen is we could go back to mom and pops, or traveling to the
city. Stung either by the pirate prices of old, or the gas prices to get
to sale prices of competition. What happens, happens, I guess.
But, I could see amazon failing, and quickly. If prices go up even a bit
more they will have to fold. UPS and the other delivery services will
fold as well.
I honestly have to think they have some kind of a special deal, somewhere, to
even have their electronic doors open as is. I keep expecting to order
something and have them cancel the order, refund the money, and apologize for
not being able to take orders until or unless things change. It's
coming. When it does, expect prices at local stores to skyrocket.
That $20, or $12, t-shirt? Double it. Dress shirts? Not
south of $120. Good slacks? $250. Though, too, beef running
$12 for burger. When it hits, it will hit everywhere. Though,
maybe, the numbers will just rise everywhere. They aren't, on amazon,
all that much. And there is availability. It's just that, for now,
shipping is becoming quirky. But either prices have to skyrocket, or
they will simply fold. It's coming. Things almost had to change
some time back, but really haven't. Watch yourself out there.
Oh... finally found what I was looking for, regarding camping quilts.
Now, not sure I would go with ultralight. Or, not to start out.
And, being summer, I could go with fairly light down. Go quality, but
use little. There was a time when I could sleep without covering, but
now need it unless it is, really, too hot to sleep.
Here is an idea. Not sure if it is more detailed, the same as what was
offered before, or such, but will be looking at it as well.
And, this. Again, probably not going for ultralight. As well,
might add quilting, for warmth. Where I live, it is cold most of the
year, and increasingly so, perhaps? Then again, an ultralight version
might be a good start. Only, I will decide where to put the pouch right
up front, and have it in when the thing is done. Learning from his
mistake, not trying to be clever in any other way. I would have, most
likely, missed that step too... on my own. Though, too, I may see about
some other things to add to it. Such as a cellphone pocket, hand pockets
for light gear, wanted at a moments notice, and such. But, for a start,
you can't beat it.
Just thinking... looking... and sharing. Oh, funny thing? If you
made this coat for someone, and offered it to them... they being standard
folk? They might well take umbrage, as if you were trying to hand them
trash. Not realizing the expense or skill involved. I have stopped
trying to offer such things, even to friends. Or... who I consider
friends. Never quite sure what is what, if... I... am actually pretty
sure.
Oh. And while I can't seem to find ideas about sewing my own layering
garments... longjohns, t's, and maybe union suits. As curious about what
materials... and sources for those materials. Not sure if 225ish weight
merino wool, with some minor spandex, is even available. While I am,
generally, traditional? I do... can... sometimes... learn. And,
yes, spandex helps. Just a touch of stretch really helps.
As I mentioned, I can't find that. But I did find a topic which may do
well for outdoor wear. Plus... with a bit of a chuckle to boot.
Dang kids. Fun to watch. Maybe learn something from. Not
sure if the patterns would be different, but sizing them up would be
required. Anyway... thought I'd share this too.
Yes, I could see wearing a good wool cloak. Coats, sometimes, are just too warm. These? Maybe. Who knows. Sounds fun, if nothing else. And, easy to sew. Might also make a hat, to match, even with the hood? Sounds fun, if pricey. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here