.
The trash is out, and the bin rebagged. Vacuuming, on the stairs, is finished. I closed the upstairs, and all but the front door down here, with a fan pushing air out, and two other fans going, plus ac on upstairs again. A few other things, here and there. Plus, my mother called. Just a little catching up.
I meant to call her this morning, was really just waiting until it was more mid-morning. She had things going on shortly. So her calling, on her time, was better.
I'm either going to get a shower in, after this post, or take a break and then get a shower in. Then set up the last of the dishes. Then take a break, either way. Then hit the counters, stovetop, and table. Who knows how much, how quickly, or what all, will be done today. But I'll keep at it. Hmm, I'm thinking a shower, right after this, and dishes set up, then a break. I'm not moving fast or well, but... can hit it okay when... when I can hit it.
It looks like the things that were supposed to be delivered yesterday, and what was supposed to be delivered today, is all out for delivery. That... doesn't mean it will get here. It may take days, even a week, for them to deliver. Assuming they can find my place, again, this time. It's all going downhill so fast the world just isn't... doing well.
Wait until everyone just walks away from their job, or is fired. It's coming. It won't just be McDonalds, or Walmart, or even Amazon. It will be big banks, little banks, retail, auto salesmen, even people working at nursing homes. Those who are making the big bucks shuffling papers aren't and haven't ever been needed. And the little people can't afford gasoline and all the other things required to even get to work. When that happens, what will they do for food? Anything they have to do, when they aren't just going without. At some point, as in the Ukraine, when Russia last controlled it, people just got used to starving, until they died. Ate dirt, grass, probably things you don't want to know. That time isn't coming, it's here. Just can't quite see it quite yet. Or... most can't, won't.
What to do though? Get some food stored. Prepare to defend it. Understand that may not be possible. Understand, if you protect your food well enough? You may become the target as a meal. Hungry people aren't mean, or vicious, they are merely in survival mode, and have never been in that before. Don't know how to deal with it. I go through it, from time to time, because I can't keep up on groceries, dishes, cooking. I have learned some... terrible... control. The first time you go without food for a few days, it will hurt. The first week, things in you will change. And if you near a month, your body will urge you to do unthinkable things. And, some, many, of you, will do unthinkable things.
Well... on to a shower, and setting up the last of dishes I think. Then I can take a break. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here