Sunday, September 11, 2022

Ah, I do remember.

.
.
Down around 16:00.  Not sure if I tiptoed over the line, or was stopped just short, but that is close enough.  Awake around 23:30.  This time, with double layers, top and bottom.  No socks today, or yet.  But if these aren't enough, or are too much?  I may either simply add socks, or warm socks, or replace the longjohns with socks, or warm socks.  Upstairs, with just two windows open and two fans going on low, it was 66/68.  Down here it is 71 main, 72 in the main of this front room, and 73 near the machine.  With windows only cracked, and no fans.

While the temp is fine, with the extra layers, I may open the front door a wee, and turn on the fan.  I like fresh air.  I have begun to suspect why.  I haven't been keeping all the p-traps and else moist.  I do wonder about... backup.  So, I am going to begin sorting those things.  Not sure it has any real impact, but it may.  It doesn't go to city sewer, it goes to a septic tank.  That... may or may not be a help for these sorts of things?  I may also see about having the septic tank inspected before winter hits?  And... talk up the man, asking him... about this system.  He can't tell me everything, but he can tell me some things.  And any care or maintenance issues.

I asked my brother if they store any food.  Not a bit.  Just what they eat.  I talked about rising food prices, scarcity.  It has never crossed his mind to worry.  At least he has a firearm, and knows how to use it.  But, as with gold, bullets cannot be eaten.  Nor, for a mostly honest man, will they provide food, water, or any other resource when competing with those who already thieve and murder for a living.  If you live like the cricket, not the ant, don't think the ant will just give.  Probably can't just give, and survive.  I didn't argue the point, I just asked.  He has... real concerns.  Busy saving the world, one Biden vote at a time.

I don't have... enough.  I don't have the things I want, or necessarily like.  But I have what I can afford, in dollars and labor.  But, just enough for me, and maybe, if we go hungry a bit, a second person.  For... three to six months?  Still trying to add a bit more, but...  It's so difficult.  A bit more, as I go?  As I can.  But, yeah.  I couldn't help him.  Can barely help myself.  Won't push, or such.  Just... asking.  I'll pray, for all of us.

On that note, I actually ordered more wheat.  Just... a bit.  Not sure what I ordered would last a year, for just myself.  But it might, on light enough duty.  Of course, I still don't have a manual grinder.  Bleh.  But... I... do have wheat.  Could trade some for the grinding?  Or something else?  No one will have everything.  It will be hand to mouth, give and take.  May already be beyond more than preparing for the hard landing.  So... I do.

Well, on to something... or nothing.  But, I am warm.  Warm enough for some fresh, outside, cool air.  Oh, it is right at 50, outside, currently, if I didn't mention.  Pleasant, really.  I just... some fresh air.  Soon enough I will have to shutter the house for the winter.  But, I am hoping to have a few rooms cleared and cleaned before I go into that dark season.  To freshness can last a bit.  Pray for me to be able to do some of this.  Down to the nitty gritty musty.  If you kindly would.  As for return prayers?  You are in them every night, often by name, if not by... some other way.  I've probably got you beat.  Fool, or wise one, old or young or even middlings, healthy ill.  And you, your sister, your wife, and a few others quite by name.  My prayers get... long.  As well, when I learn of your concerns.  But, it's... not about that.  :p

Good evening, morning, day maybe?  A good night, if not goodnight, too?

Oh, and these?  I keep thinking about these.  Why?  Because while refrigerated water might be really really tasty, it can lead me to overdrink.  I am thinking, something like this would allow a more right amount of drinking.  Thing is, I don't have the skills.  And these, if you can find them, probably cost a small fortune.  Plus, it might not be terrible to ween oneself from dependence on what can be taken away, and not easily replaced.  Whether bad governance, a bad government, a freak weather event, or an earthquake, shit happens.

Plus, as a minor geek, the idea, the mechanical system, the natural beauty of the simple... all these things ring... true.  I'll... keep my eyes out.  You never know, sometimes, things find me.  When I am looking rightly, not greedily or lustfully.  Everything, especially the true, have homes.  Sometimes they just don't know it.

And?  Yeah, I was being consumed, in too many ways, by my starter!  So... perhaps this?  I don't know.  I am really thinking, perhaps, to get back to this.  Maybe.  But this might be a chance to regain my life from the demands of a starter.  Bleh.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here