Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Out and back.

.
.
Not sure.  Went to a meeting.  Not sure I am allowed to join, not sure I would if I could, looking into it.  I attended my first meeting.  Further, after, we had a small roundtable.  I told them this, and I told them that.  Nothing... untruthful.  As much as I know.  And, they said... maybe.

I need to round up some paperwork and pass it on.  I'll look yet tonight.  Might be able to find it all.  A bit worn out for it.  I went grocery shopping after.  A few things were needed.  I'd like to make another load of mayonnaise.  Ugh, forgot heavy cream.  The dairy didn't have any this last week, the cows gave out, gave up, or quit giving... some such.  They had some milk though?

But I don't need milk, I need cream.  Oh, should have asked if his wife would separate some.  I think he said she can do that, knows how, does it for themselves sometimes.  I just don't... quite trust myself to do that.  It never worked rightly when I tried.  They can keep the skim milk, I... have zero use, need, or want for it.  There is some payoff for doing it.  Though, perhaps, there simply wasn't enough cream in the milk to do that?  Dunno.  I'll have to get cream soon.  Hmm... sooner than I thought?

I need it for this week.  I bought real french roast coffee, whole bean.  And am using my french press to make small little bits of it.  A quart of cream should last five presses a day, if I could drink that much.  As is, just having one to three a day, at most.  Skipping some days.  Love that stuff.  Sometimes.  Much better caffeine charge.  Not sure the dehydrated, freeze dried, or whatnot coffee has caffeine.  Ugh.

An owl out there, hooting from time to time.  Oh, no, not a bother.  I... like living out here for just such reasons.  I love the sound, like the idea.

Oh... have to wait on mayo.  My kefir production came to a halt.  So busy I lost track, and it, to my mind, went bad.  I did order new doses of the stuff, since I hadn't set up containers for the grains.  So hadn't stored any fresh grains back.  I did buy storebought milk, and got the new grains in today, so set it up when I returned home.  But that will take a week or two.

Which means dressings of that sort are out as well.  I cold make a container of vinnaigrette, balsamic vinaigrette, or several of those types.  Ugh.  Yes, I need some heavy cream.  For several things.  I really want to try mascarpone cheese.  Though, even with that, I'd like to add a bit of kefir, to see if it helps it last longer as well.  Works with mayo, I can tell you that.

I did look at kefir, at the store.  No.  Not even plain.  High sugar, some added, lots of other ingredients.  No.  I found greek yogurt that would do, but I prefer kefir.  Not sure yogurt of any sort would work.

Oh, and I had thought about a meal on the way home, but saw steak for less than the meal I was planning.  Actually two, for one and a half the price.  So I picked those up.  I'll cook one tonight, have a potato with it, and call it good.  It's been a long time since I've had a steak.  It was on sale, but I looked it over very closely.  I hope it is good.  Ugh.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here