.
I... had an event tonight. An invitation. I meant to make it. I have been planning, actually, since I got word, Wednesday. I started by doing shirts. Laundry. I meant to have two shower taken, but a mistake in the kitchen... iterrupted that plan. But, as shower this early afternoon, was had.
Brushing my teeth, four or five times since I was invited. Oh, and pants. I wanted clean pants. So, I put those in this afternoon. Unfortunately, they did not finish in time. But... that isn't the whole of why I didn't go. I was still completely shot. I... got the shower, brushed my teeth twice since waking, Got a shirt out of the laundry and ready, got mostly dressed. But... I... just... couldn't complete the task, though the pants weren't dry. So...
From now on, I'll leave one pair of pants, what I am wearing, out. Same with a few shirts. I prefer to wear them a day or three? Depends on the day. If I break a serious sweat, one day. If I'm mostly resting, three. Now, the pants which are washed, and dried? Will be put into airtight bags. Same with several shirts.
My house... smells. So, my clothes will smell, in short order. So, yes, packing several sets of clothes for a quick getaway, if needed. Yes, yes, I'm... working on the house. It got out of hand. Though, it's probably been out of hand for a long time. I have limits. Yes, I will have clothes clean, fresh, and ready to go. I might even buy dryer sheets, to put in with them to make sure they smell... better.
While I didn't make it to the dinner, and I also didn't make it to the store... had hoped to do a twofer, and more. I needed to get out and get chash. While I missed the first two, couldn't get going even in time to make it to the store, I did get out and get cash. My dairy balance is... shy, but almost six dollars? Wait... okay, -$5.50. Okay. That is the lowest it has been in... many months.
But, last week, it was someone I wasn't expecting. So... forgot. I had some cash, but was so... surprised... I didn't pay it out. Now I have... cash as it was intended, not my petty cash drawer. I... like to keep a few dollars around, just in case. Not much, but enough to keep my out of, say, a negative balance for a bit.
Still, that's not bad. I'll give over eighty, which will see me through this month, and into next, then put in a hundred. That... will see me clean to next month and some. Two milks, and a cream. Raw, good. But, that is, say, around $25? Give or take a few. It's expensive, but is worth it, in my book.
It's a nice night. Cool. But... more coming around? Maybe. More snow in the mountains, a lot from our last batch of wet weather. Very strange. Hay is good, if they can get it dry, they say... Or so I have heard. Some parts of Iowa are rough? Don't know for sure, but the part I am from is doing okay, at least. Hoping for more rain, but... not before harvest!?! But, that is a farmer's lot. They bet every single year, on five or ten different areas. Weather, water, insects, implement prices, crop prices, litigation, and... or more than even ten. Damned fine people though. Even if I have picked on them. Always more of a cowboy, if I went that way. And the two don't always see eye to eye. Not... always. Still, compared to city folk... always a matter of worse and worst friends... enemies... frienemies.
Back on to gaming. Sleep is completely... off. I hadn't thought I would be awake in time, for the meal. I didn't get to bed until 15:00? Somehow I woke up at 17:00. The gig was at 19:00. So, since I woke, and was somehow feeling good, I got to it. I... just... missed... on two fronts. I miss having a meal with folk. The next time I go, I won't sit on my lonesome. I had planned to ask if anyone would take in a stray for the evening... to dine with their family... talk. I... do like folk. They don't have to like me back. I... understand. I... don't need to be liked, just accepted, for a moment. My life is made up of single serving friends. And... few of those, to be honest.
I'd like to have a few friends. If often the case is I am ended up not liked, at all, by my friends. Odd that. But, not my problem. Most friends who don't like me are well aware that... they couldn't win the thing. So, either deal with it or avoid me. Fair enough. I am... a bruiser, in every way. I hurt feelings without a thought, literally. Don't aim to, but wouldn't do otherwise. Just the way of it.
I did get a burger while out. It has been a very long time since I have eaten fast food. Months? Three? Well, there was a pizza in there. And Chinese. But, that... isn't the same. Just... since I was going to eat out, and what they had not what I wanted, I replaced this for tat.
Still hungry though. Salami and triple cream cheese? Yes!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here