Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Gah!

.
.
First try didn't work.  A lot of time wasted.  Attempted to use an external harddrive for storing the backup.  Nope.  Or, at least, the console couldn't find it.  Albeit, I had used it to store a lot of games, as well.  Okay.  Fine.

So, I fund some flash drives, thumb drives, whatever.  Checked several out.  The problem is, as it was set up, they didn't have enough space for the backup.  So... I removed the shells of the games... the main of them are kept on the ssd.  Then tried.  There was enough space, so I am having it backup to that.  If... it works.

I'll find out after it takes it's pokey time backing up the system.  Then, after I change in the ssd and to a reinstall.  Or... attempt to do one.  It might not work.  This is why people hate working with this crap, at times.  The instructions are clear as mud.  It's more like invocations, some luck, and just chance, whether doing it one way, or another, or the other, will work... or not.  It eats time.  If I want time eaten, it is in playing stupid games, not waiting for a timekiller to become functional.

Still, all good.  Something to do.  I just don't have anything I can, and want to do, in the meanwhile.  Oh, thought I would show you what tearing down the ps4, my ps4 anyway, is like.  There are at least three different types of ps4, four?  The original, mine (the second iteration), the slim (?), and the pro.  The first two and last I know exist, not sure about the slim but pretty sure.  Each is a bit to a lot different.

And, I was looking up how to clean the ps5.  I pulled the vid, thought I'd share it.  It is a LOT simpler of a device to monkey with.  That's a good thing.  Not sure where the limit is, for voiding warrantee?  Did I miss something?  Or is there no limit?  That would be good.  Getting the additional memory in will be quite easy.  It is in the trap door right after the first or second panel... the gray coffin looking thing.  Just undo that, remove the spacer and screw which will hold the memory stick in, put it in, reverse it all, and done.  Though I think it has to be formatted, of course.  Of course of course.

Anyway... still, at least doing something.

Raining outside, so work on the window isn't going to happen today, probably.  It'll... happen.  As with these things, it just takes time.  It'll get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here