.
That was some of the best chicken I have had in a very long time. While I did add a lot of herbs, it wasn't a lot of any single herb? Something. The flavor background was perfect. The scent was... perfect, while cooking. Having it enclosed, initially, made it so the herbs became a part of the sauce, and the sauce infused the bird.
Done just right. Fully done without being dry, or tacky or, grainy? Something. Even the breast was gently moist. The skin was, while not absolutely crispy, was partly so. Save where the last of it was cooking down in the juices. But even that, since it had been flipped, had some structure to it.
After I shut the oven off, carved the bird a bit, readied my meal then consumed... by the time I was finished, everything was cool. So I closed up the house. It is 86 out there, now. It will get warmer. Though how much is anyone's guess. It could go a few degrees, or even up to twenty higher. It's still high summer. Just because it has been cooler doesn't mean it will be.
Still pleasant indoors. If I may well turn on the ac down here, and check upstairs... to see what to do. I can't remember if it is open or shut, though I think it is still shut? It is beginning to get oppressive, though. Or, maybe, that is just the heat of the meal, cooking late, and stepping out for a bit. Doesn't take much when you are old and ill.
I noticed a recipe video that looked interesting. I ended up liking it very much. We... have some differences. Though, with how she is doing it, I... do agree with the spice idea. When I do fry, or partially fry, I skip the spices too. Usually. :p If I had a woman who could go seek fresh tomatoes, this would be doable. The chance of finding good tomatoes, on my own, is slim. I really love this recipe though.
I even cut my whole chicken similarly. Though, how could one not? Some breast with the chicken wing? Aye. The chicken wings aren't my favorite. But they aren't bad. I used to really like them when they were cheap. Now that they cost more than anything else, I never touch them. I guess everyone realized they were cheap, then they became popular, and once the industry gets used to premiums for trash, they don't... ever quit?
Or central planners have decided wings are unhealthy (probably because of the sauces used on them, and beer consumed with them) so that they charge a service charge for them. Yes, we are... at that point. We might as well be China, at this point. The FIB to the CIA are actively tracking you, with intentions of arresting and harming you. If... they get the chance. Especially if you are a normal, and say, don't want your kids being exposed to pedophile crossdressers, or porn in their libraries. No, I'm not joking. And if you don't know that by now, you... It won't save you for going up against the wall right along with me, if it happens. *wink*
Anyway... I won't show it here, now, but sometime. Not just for the recipe, itself, but because of the other food ideas. Cooking, preparing various foods together and apart, and eating, are... processes that can build on each other, and work to create a better experience, which I like to believe also becomes more nourishing. She does it well.
An after dinner coffee. Then a bit of browsing and listening. A bit of gaming. I did set up some dishes. May start a load of laundry, to be finished tomorrow? Dunno. Oh, and checking on the upstairs, and turning on ac. Little things. Not much, but something(s). Later? Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here