.
A shower first thing. Not much sleep, but I am awake, in the morning. The alarms were set for five and seven. I really pushed for a five wakeup, or within the snooze zone of that first alarm. Not a chance. Even at the seven alarm, it took four snoozes before I was finally out of bed. Though, given the givens, that really was pretty good.
Coffee going down. Oh, almost forgot the cod liver oil. It's... not as bad as it sounds. I do have the lemon flavored one. Which can help you get over that initial bump. At this point I could probably do without. And, if not the next order, sometime soon I plan to go plain, just to remove one more "thing" from my foods/supplements. Medicine went in right away. All good.
As well, I found things to be returned. And have them in order. One thing I can't find. So it goes, sometimes. Won't hold up the rest for that. Though... it might be another day or two before it goes back in, so I... can continue to look. Gah!
It's up to 77 down here. Which is about where it has been, at this time, for a while. So far I have been able to make do with just fans. No ac. But that isn't going to last for long. I have an ac upstairs and downstairs now, which helps. How much warmer I can handle things I just can't say. Amazed I am easily handling into the low 80s for most of the day. And sleeping when it is 77 upstairs. Really, for me, that is superior. I think I did this, for a bit, last year. But not quite to this level, or for even this long?
Oh, I'll be getting more cream this week. Three quarts, instead of two? Maybe four? See how much I can get, though, too. Then play with how much a cup a day, or two for some days, turns out to take? Four cups per quart, right? Three quarts should be 21 cups? Divided by seven, should offer three cups a day? But... it doesn't seem to stretch that far. Though, I don't use three on any given day, or shouldn't... just two even on my double coffee days. Though I do want extra cream for other things, like burger soup. Hmm... anyway... so I'll go with three then.
Though, I had tried their butter. Got their fermented, or such, butter. Not my cup of tea. Then, recently, tried their sweet butter. OMG. That is delicious. The only problem, with this, is it is salted, heavily salted. If they make sweet, unsalted, I'll grab two of those. NOT for ghee, buy lesser butter to make ghee. This is for topping things, or flavoring steak, perhaps browning for sauce of fat bombs. Oh my word, this is the best butter I have ever tasted. Just hoping they make an unsalted, and it is just as good. That was truly a form of ambrosia, or manna even? My word that is good.
Well... I suppose I should look around before getting ready to do some chores and dress a bit more properly for the day. Just enjoying airing off, with the fan after the shower. With a home to myself, I suppose I could run around like a naked barbarian. But I... usually refrain. This is as close as I get. Hmm... I should get my tech spear, and something for a loincloth over my breeches. :p Later.
Strange you write of adjusting temps. Just PM'd (serviced) my spot window cooler (wow! dirty filters). Fired it up at 75f (setpoint)... room temp 80+. first day great, running steady. Next raised setpoint to 76f, wasn't long, and the unit cycled off... dosing, Ac compressor and fan, nice "white noise" to sleep to, on/off in 10 minute intervals, not good for sustained sleep. There is a "butter" zone in 75-76 range for my Ac. That said, still fighting occasional cold slimy sweats, no matter the temp. No nausea for a few, even though sweats & nausea went together.
ReplyDeleteDay before yesterday menu: Assorted fresh fruit & half a quesadilla.
Yesterday: (Their leftovers) Baked beans and spicy Kielbasa. Ate 2 pieces of the "meat" (I can't make this up, burnt black on one side, perfect on the other) I've tried for 30 yrs with wife and whole life with daughter..." turn the fire DOWN! slow is better, and get off the damn phone (actually the old phone was better you could still talk and cook, texting is different)
Today: Chicken, beans (green& kidney)& red pepper flakes, strawberries (I know) would like to set a few in the sun to warm up to that "just pulled from the plant in the summertime on the farm."
Small portions.
Last May weigh-in 280, 03june-286, 3 hrs ago-270.
I need a proper spear, and a Kilt! (don't have the ass for a loincloth)
Kilt if you must! I've... been there, done that. And I was 270, around Thanksgiving, perhaps three to four weeks after starting carnivore. So I remember the size. Though, I'd be pushing a loin cloth even now. Feeling frisky enough, with all, to maybe push that though!
ReplyDeleteYes, women don't... cook well, these days. Me though? I like some burn on my hotdogs, but only when hot, fresh too most likely.
Look, not a lot of that is carnivore. I'm not back to carnivore either, just sort of heading that way. But, I can't knock it either. As mentioned, I can't keep up with cooking, shopping, and cleaning, for the moment. So... I... have to eat what, and when, I can.
I'll tell you, when you lose another fifty? If you can get that done? Roughly where I am? Well, and given some time to adjust... I've been at this plateau for three or four months now... You will sleep in comfort, even up to 77, maybe higher. And be comfortable up to 81 down in my main.
I used to sweat my balls off at anything over 71. And that just a year or so ago. I could do a week, maybe, of it sometimes. But then I'd crack like an egg.
Get that weight off. It's going to hurt. There isn't any dipping your toes in and going. Then again, if you are losing, and with work, and heat, and just barely tolerating food? You'll have to sort it. Maybe you have to eat what you can.
But, I will tell you this. For the first month, two, maybe three, on keto? You won't feel any better than the worst you have been going through. So, if you can get to a point where you are... ready to take the hit, just do it.
Now, my trick, as to getting started, was to have enough meat bought and stored for several months. Mostly burger, though I bought steak when it was on sale for $10 or less a pound (aiming at ribeye, t-bone, porterhouses, and new york strips). Enough for a few steaks a week, and mostly burger (perhaps pork, if you can tolerate it... and bacon, which I can't do either currently).
Women just don't cook anymore. Do they clean? I don't know. It definitely isn't what it used to be. And, part of why I wouldn't marry an American woman. Amish seem to keep their women in line, and the type similar to Amish. But no other faith seems to be able to keep their women in line.
The Filipinas have a good rep, for now, in those matters. Perhaps some other Asians (not Japanese or Chinese these days either though). So... I wouldn't marry American, Western, Chinese, Japanese, or most. Ugh.
Truth: If I start down any of the dietary roads you've mentioned, I will be asking detailed questions and checking elsewhere too. I'm "learning", pulling stuff that makes sense from stuff that seems, wrong... Might even ask for encouragement, or a kick in the ass. I'm not there yet, maybe if I was alone with no-one else to deal with, I could "discipline" my shopping and diet.
ReplyDelete"Not today"
What's up with all this loose floppy "old person skin??"... I used to be "solid"
ReplyDelete"Glory Days"
"What have I become?"
All good! I've been... roughly pushing the edges to see, check, encourage. But without certainty, I have been... just... plugging. Taking a wild shot from time to time.
ReplyDeleteI... really get that thing, about not being solo. God knows I love women, but... even when they like us, they... hate us? :) And sometimes they just help long enough to get one engaged, then drop us to the wolves with a snicker (bar, if we went keto/carnivore).
Take your time. And, I must admit, I would, did, go with several sources. Sometimes because I wanted an "easy way", until I could do better. Sometimes because I didn't like the real truth, sometimes because I really didn't think so and whozitz was right.
The thing is, your carnivore, or keto, will be your own. I can handle dairy, thank heavens. But have to be cautious with even berries, or most veggies (save romaine or even lettuces in general, if with limits).
Your body will react to different things in it's own way. I might know why you are having trouble with dairy, and maybe a way around it (kefir for example). But, the tricks may or may not work, until they do... or never do.
I have backed away from many of my guru's, as they have gone terribly multi-culti. Not my gig. And, yes, I'll burn them to the ground for make that more important than their real message.
Old person skin? Wait until you lose fifty to seventy pounds, more, or more! My God, you'll... think you are a snake, trying to shed it's skin... but stuck in it. Ugh. It... may take a while. Which is why I am trying compression gear... men's, women's, whatever I think will work. If adding a nut cup, as the women's gear is... hmm... odd. But baby making makes them... aware of these things, and how to fix them. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteOf course, how many women have asked to make you make them scream? As Ozzy, and I, like to put it... one in the tube and... https://youtu.be/GRqpOhkdhTM?si=jxT9iyDENnIRs1QP
*grins*
130 lbs. in 2 years... Wish I could shed this for a new skin.
ReplyDeleteI have heard that high intensity, intermittent, workouts are best for tightening. Though, like all things... currently it's just a story. I'd like to figure out a place to work out, or get coaching. Only about five workouts though, for me, if I could get to them. Bench press, military presses, dead lift, squat, and swimming.
ReplyDeleteIf you have access to a gym, maybe a trainer, those may help with tightening skin. There is a layer, under the skin, between the fat and muscle (two layers I think, layered in among those). But, just tightening the arms, say, won't tighten the rest. It's all connected. So, if you don't tighten the back, the arm, the legs, the whole web isn't fully tightened. Or... that's as I understand it.