Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Up, early?

.
.
I suppose, in one sense.  It was just after seven when I woke, a quarter after as I write.  Trying to, deciding if it is time to, wake up.  On the other hand, I think I went down before 22:00?  So it was a longer sleep.  Or, at least, not an early wake in that sense.  Maybe down closer to 20:00?  Maybe.

Just one ac going up here lately.  I am up during the day.  And it is cool at night.  Today is only supposed to reach 88 out there.  It should be ten degrees cooler in here, maybe lower.  It is currently 51 outside.  I think it was supposed to get down to 46 last night, though the forecasting simply isn't accurate enough for any real certainty.  And they don't always revise according to facts on the ground, even the ones they are reporting.  It would be nice for them to just admit it's a bad guess and quit trying to suggest they know, pretty much anything.

As was, I wore heavier pajamas, thick socks, and used heavier blankets.  At least until I got to a certain warmth saturation?  At some point, my body was warm enough.  Between socks, pj's, and blankets, I became a touch too warm.  Then I shed the socks, and then began carefully cooling my feet out from the blankets.

Still being careful with the feet.  Are prayers helping?  Being more aware and careful?  Whatever, those things continue.  Oh, it's still rough.  The knuckle is still swollen, sore.  I even yet need to limp.  But it doesn't keep returning to agonizing pain while I sleep.

I have asked my guardian angel to help protect me, while I sleep.  As well as St. Michael, Christ, and God.  Whichever seems most appropriate to any danger.  Do I believe?  Absolutely.  Even should that not always work, I still believe.

Just gaming, today.  I have been subsisting on heated keto tortillas with melted cheese and carolina reaper pepper flakes, well those and sardines.  Not great, but it's something.  Not much else.  Later today, I will begin speaking with mother.  No allowances for gaslighting or bullshittery.  Just beginning to look for her a place.  Since she is joining the mormon church, she should be able to get help shopping.  It'll be tight.  But that is life today.  She should be able to apply for various things, now, too.  Like HUD, fuel assistance, food stamps, the food pantries, and maybe more.

I hate to push her out, but between her excessive consumption, use of products and water as if it were free, leaving doors open with ac's running,  going out at night or in the day with locking up, and else, I simply can't help her.  And the attitude.  As if she has a right to be abusive.  No, absolutely not.  If YOU think I am doing wrong?  I'll gladly let you take over the task.  Just... no returns.

Hmm, I suppose I will get up.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here