Sunday, August 2, 2026

Choices.

.
.
She has come to the understanding that staying isn't an option.  Still, she thinks she will bully me into doing what she wants, when she wants, how she wants.  And she is absolutely wrong.  Currently, her intention is to have me drive her all over town.  Looking for a place?  Checking rental assistance?  Places?  Institutions?

No.  Absolutely not.  Drive with her phone.  Narrow possibilities to a few.  THEN ASK NICELY.  Pay gas.  I'm not going to be bullied into anything.  She continues this line, she'll end up negotiating her ouster with a sheriff.  I'm not putting up with even an ounce more from her.

Now, if she plays nice, the rest of the way out, I might even help her, check in on her, such.  That is up to her.

Oh, I remember when I was first ill.  Living with her and her last husband.  They kicked me to the curb.  I was only making $500 a month, at the time.  Just ssdi.  Out on my own, with rent, utilities, and else, I had $50 for groceries a month.  It was brutal.  I... just remembered that.  

This isn't payback.  It seems more like karma, if such a thing were a truth.  Though, I think karma is for after life.  Though too, in a system in which no one actually dies?  Why couldn't karma effect the living too.  It just wouldn't ever be instant.

So, yes.  She is at least beginning to go through the motions of leaving.  She keeps trying to talk to me, or bully me.  NO!  No room, allowance, or else for that.  She burned every bridge, and enjoyed doing so.  Her mother did her best for her.  I just don't think any corrective would have worked.  She doesn't just have the devil in her, she prefers it that way.

She has some choices left.  She can play nice, and have a limited asset.  Or she can burn that last bridge.  I know what she would rather do.  I'll find out if she can use her brain against her nature.

When she goes, Jasmine and Mittens goes, and Sassy is being put down.  She is done.  I see it in her eyes, how she moves when she breathes, shuddering as her heart grows weary.  It is time.  I'll be absolutely, terribly alone, for the first time in... a very long time.

Perhaps I can focus on working on the house.  Getting the kitch flooring put in, possibly paneling too.  Going through my possessions.  Sorting, storing, tossing.  And a few last things between now and when I can get a good enough price.  This year or five from now?  I have time.  Could get some important finishing touches done in three to five years... if a lot of money, time, and energy would be spent.  Will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here