.
A bit more about prepping. Something I have probably suggested before? It isn't for end time events, in a biblical sense. It isn't for a civil war. It is for my apocalypse. My apocalypse has already happened.
My body has failed. It doesn't work as it should. Not just organs, but my ability to wake, any particular day, week, month, or sometimes nearly year. I can't cook, clean, hunt, shop, process food always, or even eat it when available.
So, for me, keeping food that can last long stretches and provide enough nutrition for life, isn't a thing for some distant or potential future. It is for a nearly certain tomorrow. Whether that tomorrow is literal, or slightly extended, it has and will happen.
I have gone without food for extended stretches of time. Starved. For a month, more. Couldn't get out. At the time there wasn't amazon and I didn't know about grains or other long term storage foods. It has taken decades to get to where I am, what little I know.
I don't live for prepping. I just fill little holes, learn to store or cook long term foods, doing my best with the little I can do. A good start and go of things. Still learning, practicing, expanding. But trying to keep the volumes to functional rather than warehousing.
Now, if there is a local or regional crash, due to weather, geographical changes, or political problems, if I can remain unnoticed, I could survive a bit. For a while. But I would hurt just as much as most others.
Further? As to biblical end times? Are you sure you wish to push on through to a brave new world that would come? Without electricity, manufacturing, fuel, food security, even clean easy potable water?
Assuming whoever survives as people living next door to you would accept you as a neighbor. It would become tribal. Are... you part of the tribe near you? Are you willing to try to become so? If not, you are just as likely to die for that as if you had no food or water processing resources.
No, I am not getting ready for a hard tomorrow. I am living one of the milder forms of that. Hoping the world doesn't collapse further while I try to just make it to a natural death. If, too, while watching it collapse. The left, right, secular, and religious have all... it seems to me... decided we need to die, themselves included (if many of the pawns don't quite yet realize they are Trotskyites too).
Just... some thoughts. So, if you go into prepping? My gift to you is to go into it as a minor hedge. Don't lose your life to it. Don't do it for fear. Make it practical. Practice, even use what you put up. Or... just go without. It isn't a guarantee. And I don't think you would necessarily want it to be.
The billionaires who have massive bunker compounds, even should those be successfully implemented? Will... only live long enough to regret living so long as to see what their actions have helped create. You can't outrun death or justice.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here