Sunday, September 27, 2026

Definitely a warm fall.

.
.
It got to 79 today.  It stayed up near that for several hours, not just a peak then collapse.  Almost too warm?  Yet, really, not.  I am over the heat exhaustion from through the summer season, after several cooler days and weeks.  With diabetes pretty much managed, bp mostly handled, and else?  Plus with summer heat exhaustion managed?  Eighty is actually a nice temperature, at least for a high, more so at elevation and with low humidity.

The sensation of it being a bit warm is because I am wearing winter pj's and wool socks.  Good for some nights, when my feet get chilled.  I should have changed to summer, or fall and spring house garb.  At least when I awoke.  Oh well.  I'll mildly suffer through the mild extra warmth on my way to settling in to bed before too long.

A bath, or shower, first?  Perhaps food?  Who knows.  If I think that is as much of a plan as I can manage.  And hope to see through.

Rice arrived.  White, this time.  I have a good lot of grains.  At least for one, or two should mother need help.  But, with Iran and elsewhere, still problematic, adding a bit more, of this and that, seems wise.  While I don't greatly trust oats, I believe those are next.  Not rolled, groats and fiber I do believe.

Ah, I found an additional means of improving the efficacy of brown (or any) rice.  I already use about ten times as much water.  What else I now do is to bring that first batch to a boil, then drain that water.  Replacing it with fresh water.  I can't use reverse osmosis water, I simply don't make enough, fast enough, to do that.  Tap water will have to do.

No worry about beans, as they are soaked overnight and that water is flushed.  As well, I don't think beans take in as many toxins, or to those levels, as rice.  It is, with beans, mostly just biological issues, things the beans create to prevent consumption.

Hmm... yes, food sounds good.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here