Saturday, August 13, 2011

Out of touch?

.
.
Maybe. I have plans to redo the kitchen, my bathroom, and reroof the coop. I have some notion of getting out on my bike, hiking, lifting weights, and swimming, not to mention the hopes of getting to camping and climbing. I have reloading to do and a chronograph to buy for that, well, and keeping up on consumables for that. My mother will be visiting soon. I have several key pieces of business to attend, some new some very old. And of course, just the standard parts of keeping life going, like maintaining dishes, laundry, foods of various sorts. Oh, sure, everyone does it. But compounding it all is the fact that, medically speaking, I probably should be bed-bound. Not that they recommend it, only that they don't understand why I am not in such a state.

Some days I can do a great deal. Sometimes for weeks at a time. There is also the idea that perhaps, if I keep my medicines topped off and taken properly, that I might not need downtime, or as much. Well, I must be truthful. A lot of work for me is far less than a typical day for most folks. A good day for me is more like what people do after they get home from work. And yet I have done more in the last four months, since recovering from edema, than I have in any five year bloc of time for twenty years before that. Seriously, pound for pound of energy spent just taking care of things, myself, food, visiting friends, and becoming involved with my home and community, this has been a heck of a summer. And it isn't over! While I do worry about how things will work this winter I don't let it plague me. It should be interesting to see if I can keep some kind of a push going in the cold and snow.

I am looking forward to getting my medicine maxed and seeing if that has fixed anything. Unfortunately I may have to go ahead with the angiography while my mother is here. I had hoped to wait on that until the medicine has been tried. The thing is, I want someone here, just in case. Even a few days of extra stay at the hospital could become a problem. But a serious problem could leave me in real trouble.

Yes, maybe out of touch. Or, maybe, even if crippled up, I dream just like everyone else. Why shouldn't I hope to find a wife and have children? Why shouldn't I plan to have livestock and become more self sufficient. Why shouldn't I want to make cheese and produce my own milk and meat? Unlikely as it all seems, there it is. Then again, who would ever have thought I would have made the trip from Iowa, bought a house, or even eventually finally purchased and gotten set up a bicycle, bought maps and set up a gear pack for hiking, or any of the rest? While I may never get to it all I think I am earning my bona fides. Uhrm, it doesn't mean I am not out of touch, it just means it doesn't matter. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here