.
.
I have to continue working on real things today. I don't even understand half of what I wrote last night. Wow, that was a bender. Like I said, I'm not in jail, I didn't burn down the house, if I did say things I can't explain. It wasn't like I said what was really on my mind. I don't believe what I wrote, at all.
Today I am going to get going, go to town and look over the fair, check out some livestock and what is happening at the fair as to whether it would be a good place to invite a woman, and then pick up my map and see if... I think that would be a good time to ask her out. Just being in the company of an attractive woman would be a pleasant thing. While it lets loose one aspect it seems to contain another. Perhaps that possibility is what caused me to slip a cog? Remember, it has been... five years, six? since I last dated or really thought about such.
Anyway, quite a week so far. I don't want to let one stupid thing mess it up. No more than it has, that is. Oh, I did look at tickets last night. I might be able to get my mother a non-stop flight, and for less than one way tickets, but only slightly less. I think I will go with the one-way tickets, even with them having a stop in the flight, as that allows us to arrange her flights and keeps her visit a bit more open ended. My debit card has arrived, but the pin hasn't arrived. Perhaps that will be in today and I can get the card activated and order those tickets.
It does look like I had more financially planned this month than what I can afford. The tickets and auto and home taxes will be about all I cover this month beyond what I have bought or tended so far. Food and fuel will consume the rest of my free monies. Oh, and, maybe a date or two. I'm not broke, exactly, but some of the things I was considering (like extra plywood) are rather more than I want to risk my little growing nest egg and extra spending money upon. While it can be frustrating to not be able to just go, buy, then do, it does make such projects more satisfying when complete.
Yes, I know. I still have the roof to work, I still haven't ridden the bike, I still haven't hiked. But I have the bike functioning and set up, I have hiking boots and wear them often in order to break them in (and they are getting comfortable), I have a list of things that will make doing the roof possible and the materials laid up, I have the plans formulated for the solar oven... While not there, I am getting there. As I can. And I am taking care of most business that needs attention. I even, finally, have a surplus with the city, so I am not in arrears. And I mean to keep it that way. I am simply not good at... paying on time, monthly, and such. Next month they will get another payment that will give me three months to forget about it.
Well, on to my day. Have a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here