Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pizza!

.
.
I checked my mail on the way to pick up the pie. It looks like my medicine is in and I received the pin number for my debit card. So, into town I go. I attempt to use my debit card to find out my balance (since I can't access my account online anymore). Hmm, the number doesn't work. I am going to have to have a serious talk with my bank. If I can't access my account online and I can't access it through a debit card, I am simply going to have to find another bank. Hey, things happen. But when they all happen at once I have to reconsider continuing to do business with them. I can't have a perpetually failing service, not one this critical.

I have offered a like minded individual a place here. He seems to think where he lives is potentially at risk of rioting. I've read his stuff for a while now, and, while in my cup, decided to offer him a place. Oh, he has guns, he reloads, he has medical kit and knows about it's use. Pretty much the type of guy who is good to have around. I am not sure I would call him an atheist, he seems more like Bane. Just against formalized religion. Anyway, I don't think he will accept. Just thought I'd mention it.

As for my lady friend, I think I will work on getting her out here. No, not as a love interest, as a friend. She is pretty good with gardening. She has a lot of home and garden lore. She is into hiking. And where she lives is dangerous, to my mind. Yeah, I might end up with the oddest assortment of roommates one could imagine. It might, of course, not work out. Then again, who knows. If the world goes to shit, like I am expecting, being surrounded by resourceful people just doesn't seem all that bad. And figuring things out ahead of time might not be all that bad either. Throw in my mother, a farm girl who has made more homemade food and figured out things on extreme budgets, and you would have quite a group. Just some thoughts.

No one will probably show. At least with my mother, I know she will be taken in and cared for, at least as long as she is useful. She knows enough people and she has enough talents and skills that she is worth keeping around. Then again, in small towns, that is how you make it. And, I can probably make due as is in troubled times. Perhaps better on my own, in some ways. I might not be able to always move or do, but when I need to sometimes I can and amazingly well. If I can take a long break once in a while too.

I do think it is coming down. Sooner than later, too. Unless major pain is born, probably worldwide, and very soon, there will be no hope except for at best riots and martial law, at worst anarchy on a global scale. Who will get the nukes, will they use them, how? What will the militaries of the world do? More questions than answers, of course. A look through history might give clues, hints, portents. The bible certainly might offer possibilities. And, of course, common sense if you can see through the political and economic talking-head jawjacking. So many people choose to believe that today is tomorrow and that politicians (as we have always known them, the ones who have sent us over the cliff) can solve the problems (the very ones they made). They think the "newsmen" are on their side. They have no clue how deep and dark the hole they are in really is. Ah well, not my gig.

For my part, however, figuring out when to put it all out and not worry about debt, just go for it? Knowing when to do what, how, why? There is much I don't know. And I am still living in 'yesterday' (as today is already tomorrow and yesterday, all of them we have known, are gone). I simply can't wrap my mind around it, and will even have trouble doing so when it is all gone in an unmistakable way. Yeah, I still have that. As much as I am doing, I know it is not fast enough or hard enough. Even if health and money weren't issues, I would still be having difficulties.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here