Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oh well.

.
.
I couldn't get to sleep early, further, I tried to double trick myself. Since setting the alarm for 7:00 yesterday worked so well, I thought I would be extra tricky and set it for 6:00. FAIL. I woke, finally, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10:30. Now, there is a Mass at 19:00 I can still make. It isn't much more distant than my normal Church, either. I had been curious about that Church anyway. I guess this is my chance to go.

It has snowed, and enough to pile up a bit. My goal is to get the machine fired up and begin keeping my areas cleared. I am not sure there is enough snow for the snow blower to really be useful though. I may have to find my shovel and simply use that. I think I can do it. For having a bad heart, being overweight, and being over the hill, I seem to be incredibly fit. I can't race a youngster at shoveling, but in the brute strength areas I might just be able to take him. Weaponized and a bit feral, in spite of my natural gentility, I do have some surprises for those who might think otherwise. Fine, I'll quit the bragging and grab the shovel. :p

Oh, I had best check on my roasting pan. I was sure it would have arrived by now. I have some things I would truly love to roast properly. Garlic to duck to leg o' lamb, in stock, and a few things I am considering buying. Oh, I have nearly a half dozen other ways to roast things. I simply prefer to do things in a specific manner, i.e. the right way. It makes it so much easier to produced a proper gravy, and my mind likes doing it right. My last therapist was absolutely wrong. She tried to get me to believe that there is no "right way". I adamantly disagreed. She is only right that there is more than the right way, and most people use whatever method is at hand, including me far too often. Simply, there is no way to do it the right way in the middle of the hell we sometimes find ourselves confined. But making do is for when you have no choice, not for when you can arrange it rightly. And while it is good to keep an open mind, it is not good to believe alternatives are equal to the right way. Period. I need my durned roaster!

The little bit of working out I have done has really been yielding results. Oh, no, I am not encroaching on the body beautiful bodybuilding crown. I am tightening up, becoming stronger, adding a touch of stamina, and looking just a little bit better. If I could get my printer going, I would try to print out the pictures of my top picks from Catholic singles, and put their pictures in the places I work out. While it might seem crazy, these aren't pin-up girls, more girls next door, they are what I want. One in particular. At 6'2", I would certainly have a fitting partner in her. And more, she fits my psych profile. Now, I like that and fear that last. All business and a go-getter. Why, she might just bowl me over and convince me she was right, it is how I operate! hehehehehehe

Well, I best get ready to do some work. Have a wonderful Sunday, and get to Church, darn it. Or, if that isn't possible, remember the Sabbath, and to keep it holy. I do wonder about shoveling, but I think Christ made it clear that some work must go forth on the Sabbath. If my ass where in a hole, would I work to get it out? Hey, them's are mostly his words so hush it. Snow, when left to the cold, quite quickly can become ice. Bad, very bad. It's my ass we are talking about here, and a hole. Or... something like that. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here