Friday, February 7, 2014

Some days.

.
.
To bed late but I woke on a good enough time, mostly.  I set the alarm for 9:00, as an outlier in case I didn't wake in my, now almost usual, eight hours.  I had pushed a bit yesterday so I had some concern.  I woke around 6:30, but only to use the facilities.  No way was I getting up at that time.  Back to bed.  Then I woke, looked at the clock, and tried to figure things out.  Had I shut the alarm of?  Or put it on snooze?  No, my covers, they way they were when I woke and tried to reach the alarm to check, cinched my notion that no such thing had happened.  So... what did happen?  Set the alarm for 21:00.  It's part of why I hate standard time.  I just wish I could find an alarm clock that offered military time and the other features I prefer.  Seeing as it was past 9:00 though, I did get up.  I didn't want to, but so what.  Shut up.  Go.  When I can that is how I work.  I may need a nap mid-afternoon.  The new dose is doing it's thing.

I didn't notice when I went to the bathroom earlier, but this time I did.  I bought a couple of family packs of pork chops last night.  Everything else had been put away, but these I had meant to package down, two chops to a package, then refreeze.  Nope.  There they sat.  A sniff test.  Still good, but that's, what, 12 to 16 chops?  WTF!?!  I fed the girls, right away, being up late and all.  Then I tore into the chops.  A flour, egg, and panko dredges were set up.  Dip, plunge, crunch.  All of them, if only half are cooked so far.  On with the skillet, in with the lard, down goes the hammer.  I heat my pan in stages, but I do, for end cooking, go up pretty high with the heat, even with cast.  once it is warmed you have some leeway.  Start out on four, let it warm, then some lard and up to 6 or 7, until it melts, then I generally cook or 7 or 8, depending on mood, finishing (very short times) on 9 if I want more brown/crisp.  My cast iron skillet would my my grandmother proud, too, now, by the way.  If I can just keep modern women and their soap away from it for a year or two now.  Well, and bad cooks who might warp it, or use the wrong ingredients in it.  Gah!

Chops?  Wow.  Those were truly good.  I just had two, and a bit of milk.  I'll finish the rest before too long.  Now, my unhappy morning didn't end there.  After chops were tended and then after that quick meal, I decided, for no good reason, to look outside.  It has snowed again.  Bleh.  I am hoping, by about noon or 13:00, to hit some of that snow.  Take a nap, and then hit it again.  And at least put a dent in it before help arrives.  Perhaps even finish it off, if I'm not sure I have that much in me.  I do what I can but... yeah... I think that says it all.

That will be my day.  The noodles are good and dried, but still have some flexibility to them.  I may just bag them for now.  I will only be using half tonight, freezing the rest.  I think I will cook them separately from the stew, and just ladle the stew on top, so that I can freeze some of the stew minus the noodles.  I don't think they freeze well together.  Best to cook those noodles separately, every time, to my mind.  Tomorrow, if I can, I need to do dishes and clean the kitchen back up.  I'll hit the noodle area, and tinker on a few other things, today.  But my hands are pretty tied and the new dose of carvedilol is taking it's toll.  So...

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here