Sunday, April 20, 2014

A thoroughly enchanting week.

.
.
Oh, sure, aches and pain.  Fits of exhaustion.  Many of my planned projects went nowhere.  But the big things and some of the little things went ahead.  I am not quite to the point where I can always, with solid surety, pick what will and will not go forward.  I can, to a degree, focus.  The big things take a ton of effort, leaving little for the piles of small things.  And, no, I can't just fit small things in there, always.  It really is sort of like your cellphone having an half, perhaps a quarter, of the energy storage it is supposed to have, and recharging at a slower pace than usual.  A battery you cannot change, so must simply learn to arrange your needs around.  Now, the "batteries" are much stronger than they have been my entire adult life, to this point.  And recharge, at least when medication is going down like clockwork, is much faster.  But that is relative to me and yesterday, last week, last year, a decade, and two of those, ago.

I did miss one morning medication in the last two weeks, and I think one night.  But that was it.  The last time I checked diabetes, it was still at 200.  I don't get that, really.  Between fasting for several days at a time, not hitting much in the way of sugar, carbs, or even all that much meat, and taking 45 cc's of the goober juice, the numbers simple do not fall.  I have never had a dangerously low reading without the original insulin.  This stuff doesn't seem to be as potent.  It is supposed to be time release.  Dunno.  I am not seeing much difference between fasting and and after meal checks, but I haven't been checking day on day, as suggested, so I'm not sure that is a fair evaluation.  I'll try to run the tests better on the trip and when I return.  I'm into too many things, right at the moment. 

Oh, while I was goofing with shutting down for the night, I started looking at various flooring for my bathroom.  It is quite small.  I have to admit, some of the flooring that might be prohibitive for a larger floor might be affordable in my small bathroom.  Then again, with as many cuts as might be needed, the rental of a wetsaw might be a requirement addition.  Still, it would be nice to walk into a small but affordably luxurious bathroom for my various needs.  To some extent, as I see things, with a well mini-tiled shower, it is already nearly there.  A rather plain, but good hardwood, stained and lacquered, open, hand made vanity would cut costs and add greatly to the area.  I'm... just sort of spinning as I continue to expand into the world.

Tomorrow will be a day of rest.  I won't have much choice.  Monday as well, most likely.  My days and nights spin as I work and then have to figure out how to come down enough to go to bed.  I may have to figure out how to do things in the evening, even in the night, in order to keep it spinning.  A simple hike through town, perhaps, at night.  Keeping to the well lighted main street so as to not cause concern in residential areas, of course.  It has to be physical, and somewhat demanding.  My pack would go along, just so I become more familiar with it.  I don't think I'll need to survive in town.  Of course you never know.  Oh, the next time I am in town, I need to look for boot inserts.  For use now, perhaps, or at least as a thing to test, have on hand if I take it a bit far and need a bit of relief, and to keep on hand for a b.o.b. situation, where I am not prepared in my cycle but simply have to get going, and on foot.

I do feel my body tightening up.  It will take much more than what I am doing to cause any real affect.  But... start at the start, I suppose.  This is what I have, that is what I can do, I seem to be able so I am just doing it, time will simply have to fill out the rest.  Though, really, I doubt if I can actually work hard enough, or long enough, to actually change my body form, at this point.  I simply am not healthy enough to maintain what it would take.  Then again, as I said, I am not doing this for the sake of health.  Curiosity, specific interests, a few goals as to capacity.  Health?  I have sort of given up on that.  Nothing I do, or don't do, seems to fix that problem.  Medicines seem to be helping, a bit.  But I'm not sure I trust the docs.  I don't think they are on my side.  When living in the margins, I don't have the luxury of trust.  I trust what works and discard the rest, and much attitude. 

Marble tile floors?  It's actually potentially not as expensive as it might seem.  Though I need to make sure it is "waterproof", whatever I end up using... >.5% absorption, anyway.  I'm not sure, but I think going with lighter floors and perhaps slightly darker walls would be the effect I am after.  To enlarge the space, visually, if only of course an illusion.  To brighten the space, a bit, through reflection?  I'll be looking other small bathroom projects over as I ponder this thing.

Bedtime, if I can, I suppose.  Nah... a bit more music.  Just, I know I won't sleep.  Not yet.  Good night.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! I've been looking into flooring myself this week. I would like something that I could install myself.
    I like marble flooring. For bathroom purposes you might want to check into flooring that does not get slick when wet. Maybe they make marble flooring that us textured. I do know that ceramic tiles can get slick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do have tiles in one bathroom. They are mini tiles though and, therefore, not slick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precisely! A diy gig is what I am seeking as well. It is a very small room. Not 10x10 in total, to be sure. But it has room for a vanity, water heater, the shower, and... lou, water closet, you know... plus room enough that a giant doesn't feel claustrophobic.

    Yes, I will be going in and looking, hunting, and pecking, regarding tiling. Non-slip is a must, as is minimal water absorption and a few other things, before even getting to appearances. Measuring first, and a bit with an eye to the size of tiles that might work best. Hmm, perhaps with enough extra tile so that floor and vanity top might match. And, of course, with enough extra stock to be able to tend future problems. Though I think I need to look at a bunch of bathrooms online to get more of a notion about some things. Perhaps... mature my tastes? Something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What needs maturing? You trying to get beyond ninja turtles, or something? Doing the floor is a bathroom seems daunting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what needs maturing is my architectural notions. I have ideas, but not always the understandings of materials, colors, and shapes, to make such things happen.

    My goal is to create the illusion of great height and size in the little room. I'm simply not sure how much contrast of colors and what shapes and styles might lend themselves to my notions.

    Daunting? Well, yeah. It is daunting. For me, getting out of bed, quite often, is daunting. Still, I will get to it, eventually. Daunting means tempting. Which is the only reason men even consider women. :p I don't think women contemplate men, mostly just wait for one? Dunno that side of it though.

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here