Monday, February 23, 2015

A tribe of one.

.
.
Well, in some sense, a truth for all, or potential truth.  For me it is the way of it.  Push come to shove, I am alone.  I understand this.  It is part of why I chose many of the things I chose, gone the ways I have gone, and am how I have come to be.  I've pulled it off as best as I could.  I am alive.  And yet, I know, there are times where one is not enough.  So, when I have found various tribes, I have thrown in with them, from time to time.  Yet, not in surrenders.  Any tribe I choose to throw in with had better have the balls to back strong bones and right will.  Oh, sure, I've made mistakes.  I corrected those when and how I should.  There is another tribal effort I am joining.  GamerGate, to some degree, and more along the lines of writers.

This Wednesday, they will be hosting another "book bomb".  There are three short stories/novellas coming up for a push.  The idea is to buy these books, on a particular day, so as to boost their ratings.  Why?  Several reasons.  On the one side, it is to support good writers who might never have seen the light of day due to political correctness in main stream media.  Yes, boys and girls, political correctness and insufferable leftist hate has infected everything, not just the "newsmen" you see on television, or Hollywood, or "newspaper" editorialship.  It has infected prose in all it's forms.  So, some have created a printing company, have begun selecting the best of the writers who have been kept out, and is pushing to end political censorship.  They are doing well.

I choose to join this group for a single reason.  To me, from what I have seen, the work is worth supporting on it's own.  And yet, that much of it would never otherwise have seen the market due to political oppression, right here in America, makes my blood boil.  I have seen it coming, and taking over, starting long ago with academia, but now in everything.  It is the dark spirit of oppressive government, the shadow that comes and uses threats, and isolation, and whatever other tactics it can to gain power.  That is what this about, and what is being fought.  And, so, I join the tribe that has decided to do something about it.  Oh, a little thing, that I do.  A few dollars, a bit of writing, pretty lame.  But it is what I can do.  You can read more below, the content of which is also a link to more information.  Wasn't quite sure how to put it together, so... still, there you go.

Now, there are some differences in the Rabid Puppies and Sad Puppies recommendations here, so what we're going to do in addition to fully supporting the Short Fiction Book Bomb is a) post links to the two Rabid Puppies stories by Steve Rzasa and John C. Wright so people can read them for free, and b) post a link to The Book of Feasts & Seasons which contains two Rabid Puppies recommendations, one for novelette and one for short story, so Book Bombers can bomb it if they wish to do so.
I figured I would give you a few days notice.  The "book bomb", as I mentioned, is Wednesday.  Don't burn the dastardly, buy the good.  If you do, and end up not liking the stories, don't do it again... unless you like pushing for freedom and do so on principal.  But, worth a shot for a few books and the potential for some good reading and an introduction to, from what I have heard, are a pack of pretty solid new writers.  I'll put up a link Wednesday, again, if I'm not entombed in illness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here