Sunday, April 10, 2016

Have you ever slept in protest, as a pout?

.
.
I had promised to help with a meal today.  And I meant it.  I am not sure if I had the cold when I promised, though usually I am finished with such thing in days.  I actually think I get a cold more often than I remember.  It is just that usually they are so mild, and I go through symptoms one at a time, then am well before I have even succumbed to any symptom, or even all of them.  Rarely combined.  This thing not only slowed me down a bit, the symptoms have piled up enough to be well noticed.  I could have gone in today, and since I was dry yesterday, I thought I would go in.  Nope, about midnight my nose started to tickle and nasal movement made me realize that being around people would be bad... for them.

I didn't call, not at the time right before.  I was too... frustrated.  And it wouldn't have helped.  You have two choices, call before or call after.  Or, at least, that is how I see it.  Both will require braving the guilt.  In the latter, however, the troupe has made it through without you, and isn't jittery due to the upcoming performance.  I did sleep, out of frustration... well and the cold, pushing hours, and such, but really mostly just frustration.  As I woke a bit ago, I went looking for my phone then called.  Keep me on the list, I said.  I will help, more if I can, especially if I can get back on medicines.  That helps, a bit, if I didn't mention that part.  I just wanted to explain why I missed, and that I am interested in helping.

I sure hope this thing ends soon.  Yesterday I had dried up so much I couldn't clear my nasals.  At least today, off and on, I can again.  Vic's, my mother said.  Yeah.  I might have to break down and find some of that stuff, or head into town tomorrow.  Just a quick, pointed, run into a pharmacy.  I'm good for work, just not company.

Oh, my mother said she never used vinegar.  If she used something, she used lemons.  What else did she say?  Oh, pulling the meat after just a few hours of cooking is good enough.  She didn't say it, but I think she was pleased with my effort.  She says we were actually pleased with her food making when we were young.  I had thought we were... embarrassed.  I think, then, we were a bit shy about it.  So many other people ate out of a can that we felt abnormal?  Even if we liked the food.  Some abnormal is better than others.  She was a good housewife and mother type, if the world had been right.

That age was out of it's mind.  While it hasn't, fully, recovered, I think... as with me... after searching for the Argus Apocraphex, ending up merely playing Sisyphus... well... even an ancient dog sort can, actually, left to it's own devices, learn.  Certainly the sons and daughters of man, too, may learn.

Hmm?  Today?  I'd really like to kick out dishes, fold laundry, hit the kitchen.  Don't know if I can honestly do much.  While the cold isn't beating me too harshly, I think it has some negative affect on energy.  A boss, at times, like this time, would be good.  Just noise containing task and direction outside of the fog of my own head helps.  "Yes, fill-in-the-blank*, I'm right on that."

*mother, father, sister, brother, even a youngling should they prove out... remember... it's not who provides direction, only the quality of the direction

Oh, and I have to finish tending the stock.  Not, exactly, sure how to deal with it.  I really don't want to use ice trays, may just not have another practical means.  I certainly don't want it to go to waste.  I have it reduced by at least a fold factor of four, maybe five, just possibly reduced to a sixth.  And, finally, it is cool and has been rightly skimmed.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here