Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Some, though again not all.

.
.
All of the big pots, inner strainer, and lids are done.  They have been soaking since as soon as they were emptied.  As well I hit half or more of the other dishes.  My motivation was food.  I promised, if I did well, I would warm up dinner and eat.  I wasn't sure I even wanted to eat.  Does motivation always have to be factual?  And yet, I did heat up dinner.  I will know shortly if I can even eat.  I know I want to.  I like the looks of dinner.  I have been looking at it for hours.  Chicken?  Even when I make it, that is, well, chicken.  But this looks good.  It does.  Wild rice is something I like, I just never learned to do it right, or this or that.  But I like it, a lot... or the idea of it.  Anyway, I know I need food, and I've wanted to eat.  I just... well...  I will find out shortly.

I was thinking today was Wednesday.  Not so much.  That gives me a little breathing room before I am hoping to get out.  Another good nights rest, if I don't splurge sleep trying to do anything else.  Should have been to bed hours ago.  Oh, I'll take Tylenol before sleep.  I think that is actually working fairly well on what was paining me.  One or two doses a day.  Usually one, but I took the other dose about when I woke, so it's wearing off.  If I had been to bed at a proper time, this wouldn't be needed.  Though I would wake sore, perhaps.

I called my friend.  No answer.  I left a message.  Not sure he gets, or checks, those.  Either way, if I am feeling a bit better, I may hit the stores tomorrow.  Mostly a quick resupply of groceries, plus brown sugar, and some air-tight plastic containers.  Leave the flour in the packaging and then you limit any potential leaching.  Same with any dry goods.  Oh, I probably should source some good vanilla extract too.  The stuff lasts well, it just gets used up around here.  Especially as cooking and baking is back on the menu.  Might have to pick up extra chips, too.  I would like to make some for the neighbors, though probably more like next week.  Hmm... I think they like dark chocolate though.  I bought some of those fresh, just a few days old, and I know I don't like them.  I might buy one of each kind, leave them with the semi-sweet and keep the milk chocolate for myself.  Doing all of us a favor.

The electronic annoyance, for when the microwave finishes, is chirping.  I'll make a stab at eating.  Oh, and an interesting video about Alaskan river camping.  Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here